Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up the washer bottle today after running out completly.Washers worked for the first couple of times then packed in altogether,only a small dribble coming out now!

Cleaned out the nozzles with a pin thinking they may be full of muck but still no joy.The pump can still be heard working but no water to show for it! :confused:

Any ideas anyone?

Regards
Ian H

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there a pool of water under the car? No, I'm not taking the p*ss, same happened on my twinspark, turns out the non-return valve had literally burst itself, found the pieces under the plastic grill beneath where the windscreen wipers attach.

Got a new one from Halfords for a couple of quid.

You could also check under there for a trapped tube.

wrinx

·
Registered
715 Posts
Each washer jet is about £1,20 from the dealers and the non return valve is about £1 too!!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will check out whats under the plastic grill this weekend,thats once i've dug the car out from all the mud and dust thats collected on it while the water mains have been replaced in my street! eek! eek!

Thanks guys!

Regards
Ian H

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H

I was told by the dealer they couldnt get hold of the non-return valves, hence the trip to Halfords.

wrinx

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the non-return valve a universal fit or is it a part thats specific to the 155?

Regards
Ian H

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello to all as I am new to the forum!

I have removed the NRV from my car altogether with no problems and my 75 was the same. The NRV appears to choke quite easily also there is a filter on the pump inlet which may have choked. you can access it by pulling the small pump out (the large one is the headlamp washer) it is just a push fit. If the filter does not come out with the pump you can pull it out also. it looks like a locating grommet when it is still in position. Good Luck!

Colin. :)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Colin

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum! :)

Regards
Ian H

1 - 8 of 8 Posts