Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine were not working so I filled the reserve with water, and blasted the sections on the wiper where the water comes out with air.

Semi result, one of the wipers now trickles a little water onto the windscreen.

So, the motor is working, and I've done a search on here about removing scuttle panels etc, to clear any blockages.

Can anyone give me step by step instructions to check what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance (again :) )

·
Registered
178 Posts
Have you removed the pump from the bottom of the bottle? 5 minute job, the filter gets blocked easily with crud, then wash the bottle out, mine was like the bottom of a pond :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mine too, loads of crappy white stuff. I cleaned the resovoir out and put some very hot water in. Ended up clearing the whole line easily.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my first foray into diy car maintanence

Do I need to get under the car, find where the water bottle ends in the car, then clean the pump?

·
Registered
178 Posts
nooooo its easier than that, the cover around the bottle is held on by about five screws, its the plastic inner wing cover. The pump just pulls out from the bottom of the bottle, just unclip the electrical connector. If the bottle fixing screws are rusted.......... mine were, leave the bottle where it is and flush it thru while you clean the filter. I flushed my bottle with a very hot weak bleach solution, rinsed it well and they have been fine ever since.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nooooo its easier than that, the cover around the bottle is held on by about five screws, its the plastic inner wing cover. The pump just pulls out from the bottom of the bottle, just unclip the electrical connector. If the bottle fixing screws are rusted.......... mine were, leave the bottle where it is and flush it thru while you clean the filter. I flushed my bottle with a very hot weak bleach solution, rinsed it well and they have been fine ever since.
What do you mean by flushing? Sorry to be so annoying, I'm a complete novice.

·
Registered
178 Posts
big jug of hot water thru the filler neck, it will pour out thru the hole where the pump was, so dont do it inside a garage. Then I flushed it thru with a garden hose until the muck stopped running out. The bottom of the bottle is a bad design, it is full of nooks and crannys which traps all the debris. Mine was full of a frog spawn substance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts