Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice in the last month I’ve run out of washer fluid without any dash warning. Does the Giulia have washer fluid low level warnings? I find it hard to believe a £30,000+ car doesn’t have this:cheeky:

First service next month, so if it does have low fluid warnings then I’ll have to add it to the list.

·
Premium Member
7,532 Posts
Twice in the last month I’ve run out of washer fluid without any dash warning. Does the Giulia have washer fluid low level warnings? I find it hard to believe a £30,000+ car doesn’t have this:cheeky:

First service next month, so if it does have low fluid warnings then I’ll have to add it to the list.
afaik, for some reason it depends on the headlights. If you have 35W xenon, you have a warning. If you have 25W lights, not :(

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Isn't it to do with whether you have headlight washers or not. I think I read on here that only those who had that got a dash warning.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm glad someone has already asked this question as it just happened to me today as well! Half way into work I got a little trickle and then nowt :biglaugh: I had to pop into a petrol station for some pre-mix, but here's the confusing bit. I also have a Speciale and it does have the 25W Xenon's as well (with no headlight washers). Unfortunately I didn't get a warning :confused: Am I unlucky or has a plug fell off? :ermm: ...... :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think those of us with 25W (no self levelling, no headlight washers) are unlucky only in so far Alfa didn't see fit to give us a sensor. First car in x years not to have one.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think those of us with 25W (no self levelling, no headlight washers) are unlucky only in so far Alfa didn't see fit to give us a sensor. First car in x years not to have one.
Looks like mine doesn’t have the sensor then:grumpy: As with others I can’t think of the last car I had that didn’t have this sensor, did the 147 have them?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Looks like mine doesn’t have the sensor then:grumpy: As with others I can’t think of the last car I had that didn’t have this sensor, did the 147 have them?
I don't think many Italian cars have a washer fluid level sensor - I've had a variety of Fiat's and Alfa's dating from the late 90s to 2018 and none of them have had one. The more recent ones (2013 Alfa MiTo, 2016 Giulietta and 2018 Fiat Tipo) have lost the oil level gauges of the older Fiat Stilo and Mk2 Punto, which I find quite odd as well :confused:

I suspect on the Giulia, if it's not linked to having the 35w Xenons, it'll be linked to a model year update - either older or newer cars having the sensor/warning - sometimes newer FCA cars have less of these features than early ones, from experience.

·
Registered
35,768 Posts
My Lancia Dedra in '93 had a warning light for washer fluid. Neither of my Giuliettas had one.
As the 35w Giulia/Stelvio has the required headlamp washers and will get through more fluid it legally needs to have them with the higher lumens of output. I haven't run out of fluid yet so I'm sure I'll find out when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
My Lancia Dedra in '93 had a warning light for washer fluid. Neither of my Giuliettas had one.
As the 35w Giulia/Stelvio has the required headlamp washers and will get through more fluid it legally needs to have them with the higher lumens of output. I haven't run out of fluid yet so I'm sure I'll find out when the time comes.
All 3 of my 75s had a low level warning, neither of my 156s did, nor does my MiTo.

I've not run out of fluid yet on the Quadrifoglio so I can't tell.

Andy

·
Registered
643 Posts
Pinching pennies comes to mind... pretty much the cost of a sensor and 1m of cable?

Surely the rest of the hardware is in place?

A bit poor to exclude this from most models, imo...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pinching pennies comes to mind... pretty much the cost of a sensor and 1m of cable?

Surely the rest of the hardware is in place?

A bit poor to exclude this from most models, imo...
It's weight saving!
To be honest, it's a bit of a first world issue. We could all spend 30 seconds to open the bonnet and refill every 4 months or so.

·
Registered
60 Posts
No headlight washers on my speciale but have had a dash warning for washer fluid.
What year is your Speciale, my fluid ran out and I don't recall a warning, although mine is an 18 plate (June 2018) I think it's an MY17.
67 plate, build date somewhere in October 2017.

I distinctly recall a warning because I had a service due on the day and thought to myself “well they can do that during the service as well then”

1 - 20 of 21 Posts