Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya this is my first post on this forum, and I'm hoping you can assist me with a small but irritating problem.

The windscreen washers on my gt cloverleaf are very poor, the motor runs and checked nozzles for blockages but commonly the water just dribbles out of the jets. In the kind of weather ifs important they work, any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Are you sure the washer jets aren't blocked? this is usually the common cause.

Try removing the pipe from the washer jet, then using your washers/wipers to see if water sprays out. If water sprays out, then you know its a blocked washer jet.

If you need to replace them, then buy new ones for an Alfa Mito. These are a direct replacement and are the 'mist' type.

·
Registered
'98 GTV V6
1,299 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum, Another common problem is that the inlet filter on the pump can be clogged up, you need to take the pump out of the reservoir, there will be a fine mesh filter on the pump or seal that it sits in, can't quite remember. Another possibility could be that the pipes/hoses have kinked by the bonnet hinges.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
There's also a non-return valve / t-piece, where the hose splits for the two nozzles. This can also cause problems....

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Just looked at a similar problem on my GT. I've had the problem with the pipe being crimped near the bonnet hinge before, but this time I found that the pipe itself had split just near where it clips on to the bonnet next to the hinge. When I operated the washers with the bonnet open it sprayed water all over the engine....

I've bodged it with gaffer tape for now and the washers seem to be working OK, but will need to sort out a longer term solution -either some kind of joint or a complete new pipe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll strip it down the weekend hopefully it's a quick fix, sounds a fairly common problem!

How's the 3.2 go like Chris?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Like **** off a shovel...!!!! Absolutely love it, so addictive to drive. Drive one if you get a chance and you'll see what I mean :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts