Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Dear all. Has anyone found an easy way of adjusting their washer jets on a 159? I have tried but the way they are situated makes it almost impossible to see/feel what you are doing! I cannot see any easy way but who knows, maybe one of you guys may just have discovered a solution. :thumbs:

·
Registered
833 Posts
If they're the same as the Brera I don't think they are adjustable. They are set up to cover the main area of the windscreen at speed rather than standing still. If your jets don't cover the screen at speed could mean a trip to the dealer. This topic was covered fairly recently if you look back.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Cant adjust them :(:rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Normally the aim changes due to encrustation.

Try removing them and soaking in vinegar for a few hours.

Otherwise you need to buy new ones. :(:(

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Is that like getting crabs nev :confused:
:lol:

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Wierd this is up this morning, I spent 20 mins faffing around last night trying to alter them.
They blast over the screen, giving the roof and rear window a lovely soaking, the fornt screen seems to get 20% of the actual spray. This is fine when travelling on the motoway, but waht about regular town driving??
Also noticed that on the motorway the car behind me gets a good blast of jet as well.
There must be a way of adjusting, maybe wedging the plastic spray out of its seating to ofset the angle?
Seems like a very minor irritation on an otherwise great car. Daft.
Is this what is know as an "Alfaism"??

N

·
0 Posts
Nope, you can't adjust them.

And sticking pins etc in them will just make it worse.

Take them off, soak 'em over night and refit them in the morning.

Otherwise you'll just have to buy new ones.

@Hunter Wouldn't know. :p

·
Registered
462 Posts
Take them off, soak 'em over night and refit them in the morning.. :p
Is the removal simple? My nearside washer does not work (dont know if it ever has since I bought the car) and I have tried to clear it with a pin with no joy.

I have a sneaking feeling that something a simple as a washer jet will involve lots of swearing and blood loss, just like changing bulbs :rolleyes:

A

·
0 Posts
I told the dealer about it, and they said its not adjustable. They are going to replace them under warranty :) cool

A

·
0 Posts
My washer jets have been replaced last friday and guess what Alfa Owners, its now worse. It used to be 50 on the screen 50 over the top. Now its 20 on the screen 80 over the top.

I'm sick and tired off taking it back to Wilsons and telling them its not sorted. Doesn't these people test what they fit?

Does any of you know how to take it off, as I want to try and sort it out myself :mad:

·
Registered
972 Posts
My washer jets have been replaced last friday and guess what Alfa Owners, its now worse. It used to be 50 on the screen 50 over the top. Now its 20 on the screen 80 over the top.

I'm sick and tired off taking it back to Wilsons and telling them its not sorted. Doesn't these people test what they fit?

Does any of you know how to take it off, as I want to try and sort it out myself :mad:
I've no doubt the Dealer's response is that they're set up to work properly when travelling at 40MPH (I seem to remember reading that on here before) Which is all very well except we're not always doing precisely 40MPH when the winscreen needs washing....... but it's Italian; so it's a 'feature' :lol:

A

·
0 Posts
I've no doubt the Dealer's response is that they're set up to work properly when travelling at 40MPH (I seem to remember reading that on here before) Which is all very well except we're not always doing precisely 40MPH when the winscreen needs washing....... but it's Italian; so it's a 'feature' :lol:
:lol:

I don't know why I'm still not put off the Alfa brand. After all the silly things its causing.

I guess I would have to work something out to put the washers at correct level. Its easy to takem out, but there just not adjustable :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts