Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!I check my car over every Sunday morning,including refilling the windscreen washer bottle.Past two weeks it's been empty again by wednesday,even if I hardly use the washers!Is there an easy way to get at the container to check the pipes are all attached etc. i.e. from under the wheel arch maybe?The bottle was replaced under warranty 18 months ago,and the car was off the road for 9 (yes 9) days while the dealer got one from Italy!!I don't want to have to go through that again.Any ideas??:(

G

·
When mine was dumping it's liquid, it was the offside headlamp washer that had a leak. Are you able to see where it is leaking from ie. Is there a patch on the ground directly beneath anything?

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
When mine was dumping it's liquid, it was the offside headlamp washer that had a leak. Are you able to see where it is leaking from ie. Is there a patch on the ground directly beneath anything?
Yeah, usually it's in someway a problem with the headlight washers....

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I've removed the fuse for the headlamp washers (glovebox) and blocked off the jets with a blob black silicone sealent - problem sorted and reversible if need be.

G

·
I too pulled the fuse, but I also needed to plug the pipe leading off the T tube and onto the headlamp washers. Easiest to do with the bumper off.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
....... but I also needed to plug the pipe leading off the T tube and onto the headlamp washers. Easiest to do with the bumper off.
That's why I got the black gunk out ;)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Try squirting some superglue around (but not in) the headlight washer nozzles.

Worked for me.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
2 of ours have this problem - but it is just too cold or dark to get out there and do anything about it - and then at the weekend I forget - because we don't tend to use the cars a great deal! Must get on and get it sorted!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys,I'll look in to it this week-end if the weather permits.:p

·
Registered
192 Posts
When we had the big freeze I looked out the window and look at the GTA & for some reason the car was streaming out of both headlamp washers - looked like it was crying!! I thought it was very odd and perhaps something to do with the temperature - but no idea really. Just looked funny!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have a leak somewhere around the passenger side headlight washer. The screenwash comes out at the indicator by the looks of things.
A job for sunday i think.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a temporary fix at the weekend.The leak is at the passenger side,where the pipe from the washer bottle is fixed to the headlight washer pump,behind the bumper.Disconected the pipe and sealed it,and also pulled the fuse for the headlight washers,so now I have no leak,front and rear washers working perfectly,but no light washers.The front bumper will have to come off for access to the pump,so thats a job for another day when the weather is better.

G

·
Got a temporary fix at the weekend.The leak is at the passenger side,where the pipe from the washer bottle is fixed to the headlight washer pump,behind the bumper.Disconected the pipe and sealed it,and also pulled the fuse for the headlight washers,so now I have no leak,front and rear washers working perfectly,but no light washers.The front bumper will have to come off for access to the pump,so thats a job for another day when the weather is better.
The same fix worked for me. It's now on a list of jobs that I'll proberly never get time to complete!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts