Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Firstly, please wish me luck as it's MOT time today. But that's not why I'm here, I know that I'll get another advisory this year due to a crack in the windscreen that's already been repaired with resin so a new screen is on the cards at some point. Now I've heard some stories about insurance company repairers use non-genuine screen seals which cause issues when sealing (Where's YorkshireKeith). So my question is can you still buy genuine front windscreen seals or do I have to go with what the glass suppliers use?

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Screen doesn't have a seal in the old sense (ie rubber) .. it's bonded to the car so the fitter's will use whatever they are given I guess. It is really done to how well they do they job but I had one fitted in 2001 after it cracked right across about 3 inched up .. never leaked and still in there!

·
Premium Member
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Screen doesn't have a seal in the old sense (ie rubber) .. it's bonded to the car so the fitter's will use whatever they are given I guess. It is really done to how well they do they job but I had one fitted in 2001 after it cracked right across about 3 inched up .. never leaked and still in there!
Thanks for that, good to know for when that time comes. :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts