Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Alfisti,

a question about the 147. Both the front windows on my 3 door go down with one prod of the respective button, but the passengers side has to be held continuously to close. Is this right? I have tried holding the button once the window has both opened and when closed to reset but still the same. The drivers side goes up with one prod. Also, when unlocking and holding the unlock button on the fob down, both windows open, but when locking, neither window goes up! Again is that right? Any info greatly appreciated.

franco

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fellow Alfisti,

a question about the 147. Both the front windows on my 3 door go down with one prod of the respective button, but the passengers side has to be held continuously to close. Is this right? I have tried holding the button once the window has both opened and when closed to reset but still the same. The drivers side goes up with one prod. Also, when unlocking and holding the unlock button on the fob down, both windows open, but when locking, neither window goes up! Again is that right? Any info greatly appreciated.

franco
Thats the way it is on my 5 door 147 too.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
That's how it was on both my five-doors. It's because the passenger door doesn't have a sensor to reverse the motor if an obstruction is detected.

I suspect the thinking is that one-touch closing is desirable for the driver's side to avoid having to hold the switch down when driving - for example after paying for parking - while there's no problem with the passenger having to hold the switch down. Saves cost . . .

Edit: it's not unique to Alfa!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts