Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the second time that I have failed to install a Vista service pack, simply because I have walked away from the PC to do other, more worthwhile things, in the mistaken belief that the PC was "getting on with it".

Microsoft, if you are reading this, I do not have the time to sit in front of the PC for the entire day, clicking 'yes' or 'ok' or accepting licence agreements every ten minutes. It should be obvious to the installation programme that I have already closed all other applications and saved all open files and the only thing running is the Windows update. If I click "yes let's install now", tick the licence agreement box and then "Ok", I shouldn't need to do anything else.

Just get on with the f****** job and install it :mad:

·
Registered
694 Posts
That's annoying as hell. It does it very, very rarely with XP aswell - though it's always when there's a huge list of updates and you've walked off to let it get on with it.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news - the update is now complete :)

Bad news - the service pack has messed up the drivers for the WiFi dongle, so now the PC won't connect to the router. :mad:

·
0 Posts
Yesterday I bought a new Belkin USB wireless adapter & a 5 minute job of installing it turned into a 2 hour nightmare including Vista shutting gown a couple of times - entered safe mode to remove etc :rant: :mad: :rant:
I swapped it with my sons Buffalo one (?) - Vista recognised it straight away & my Belkin one installed on His XP machine in a couple of minutes :confused:

·
Super Moderator
44,737 Posts
I'd bet it's because the Belkin adaptor was shipped with XP drivers, which Vista didn't like.

The onyl wireless stuff I've ever had issues with were Belkin ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts