Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went out to the car and the windows have frozen solid so they wont do the little slide up when u close the door, neither will they come down. Be wary of that when closing your door peeps apparently it can break the window if u slam it.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Yep, if the car needs de-icing, the side windows is always the place I start, spraying upwards under the seal. :)

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well, my windows annoyingly rattle at this time of year. :(
Apparently applying silicon spray to the seals works to prevent the windows freezing. I haven't tried it myself, but I've bought some to try and stop the window rattles. Hasn't worked yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
A quick skoosh of de-icer along the bottom the window always solves this problem for me. Worked a treat last winter when it was reading -22 :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Applied silicon spray to both my GTV and MiTo for the last few years and have not had a problem with the windows or doors freezing.

My advice would be to apply the stuff with a brush rather than spraying it on as it will go over everything.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,471 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a guy moaning about cold starts from -9 a little while ago so this poops on his theory about the cold being the problem.

And thanks for the link to the spray, will check that out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
It´s -20C out there when I write this and MiTo cranks fine every morning:) Windows are frozen solid from december till march here in finland:D To comment the original topic of this thread, there is small design problem with MiTos windows; had previously Hyundai Coupe with silles windows, but rubber was much softer and didn´t cause problems like MiTos allmost plastic like "rubber"..

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ive used silicone spray on my rubber and windows have been fine over the days its froze here! I keep my ice scraper and de icer in boot to do my side windows before I even attempt getting into the car. Havent tried spraying up into the sill but havent needed too..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts