Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Do we have any Alfa electrics experts reading this? if so can anyone explain the nature and/or location of the window trap sensors. A scan of the TRW window module has told me that the window trap sensors on my GT are absent ( or sending no signal, which amounts to the same thing as far as the CANBUS is concerned ) Should it have some? I imagine it should as Alfa use some seriously powerful motors in the GT and they can really do some damage if you get trapped against the roof by one.
My windows at the moment don't work from the switch, though the switches do cause the dash to beep when activated so it isn't the switches themselves, the passenger door does produce the correct voltages when pressed. The window does try to go up (it's already fully up) if the riser is activated from M.E.S. you can hear the momentary push before it gives up, but not from the switch. The Cabin module activated Auto drop/rise upon door opening and closing also functions correctly.
Obviously I can't do the "Up and hold; down and hold" reset procedure.
I wondered if the trap sensor problem might stop the windows functioning as a kind of safety measure but don't know enough to be sure and wondered if anybody else has experienced this MES reading.The chances of both antitrap sensors failing at the same time also seems somewhat remote, there's got to be more to it surely.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks to Fastestcat who's thread "Window Information Contained Within" has answered at least the first part of my question about the anti trap sensors.

I'm still at a loss to imagine how the switches can work -ie cause the dash bleeper to bleep, and the motors can work- ie drop and rise perfectly well when the doors open and close,
But the windows still not work.
I switched to the reserve/test Body module/ecu set as well just to check if it was that. still no difference!

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
I think the gt has a separate controller box for the windows in the driver's door (separate from the actual switch module ). In this it's different from the setup in the 147. Maybe there's a problem with that ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the gt has a separate controller box for the windows in the driver's door (separate from the actual switch module ). In this it's different from the setup in the 147. Maybe there's a problem with that ?
It actually seems to have one in both doors but I'm not sure what they do exactly, If anyone could enlighten me as to their specific role is over and above the Door module, and the Body comp-uter I'd be gratefull for that also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts