Alfa Romeo Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've just ordered a set of the three door variant for the GTA, so will feedback if they're any good or nor. Ten day delivery time though, so will need to be a little patient!
Lovely post some pictures please :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
OMG i instantly regret never lowering my old Nuvola GT - yours looks fantastic. Thats spoiler sets it off beautifully. :inlove:
I think the spoiler is an alfa part? It has the alfa logo and a part number underneath.

I love the lowered look to although mine is currently a bit lower than it should be. When I went for tyres the other day we discovered that both rear springs are broken, one of them is in three pieces! You would never know driving the car, lucky we found it really.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've just ordered a set of the three door variant for the GTA, so will feedback if they're any good or nor. Ten day delivery time though, so will need to be a little patient!
Had ten days in the Florida sunshine and these were waiting when I got back, so had a go at fitting them with mixed results. The pack includes identical single-piece nearside and offside rear window shades, with the rear windscreen divided into two parts of identical size, and then four clips. Essentially, you position the shades as required and the clip then slots behind a piece of the existing trim to secure.

Only, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Oddly, the nearside rear window single piece fits snugly with no movement, yet the offside piece does not. It fits, it just has around 10mm more play than the NS, and even swapping the pieces around (they're interchangeable rather than being designed specifically for one side or the other) makes no difference.

The rear screen is even odder. Fitting the NS half is no bother, but the OS simply doesn't fit. I've had to wedge it in place slightly askew, and as above, even attempting to swap the shades left to right makes no difference.

This leads to the conclusion that my GTA, for whatever reason, has a slightly larger window space for offside rear passengers to enjoy, and that the rear screen isn't exactly symmetrical. On the hwole, the shades look alright - though obviously not as nice as professionally applied film tint or factory fit privacy glass - but the fitting issues do annoy. I'll try and get some pictures up to clarify.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So glad I didn't buy a set then
Instead I found some universal shaped ones for £6 that are almost perfect for the rear side windows of my 156

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
So glad I didn't buy a set then
Instead I found some universal shaped ones for £6 that are almost perfect for the rear side windows of my 156

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sending these back. The bit of play in the OS shade is enough that simply closing the drivers door hard can dislodge it, and when driving in a... spirited... fashion, it ends up falling around on the back seat, and the rears simply do not fit properly in the first place. Not a great way to spend £80.

·
Registered
535 Posts
No, no, no. Chav council estate my dog is a Staffordshire bull terrier I have tattoos and I'm going to paint the alloys black next. It's a terrible look. Each to his own.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sending these back. The bit of play in the OS shade is enough that simply closing the drivers door hard can dislodge it, and when driving in a... spirited... fashion, it ends up falling around on the back seat, and the rears simply do not fit properly in the first place. Not a great way to spend £80.
O well, the kids can can stay blinded in the back for now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was talking about mine as I was thinking about buying some.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts