Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I agree. Will most likely be light or dark smoke to the rear quarters and back.
Guys at Pent would be happy to do the front they said, light smoke only and reckoned id be pretty unlucky to get pulled. Better safe than sorry eh! Dont fancy a fine either :cry:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Had mine done last year light smoke on rears and what they called legal tints on front-although I know they aren't legal with the tint that is already on the glass, but I'll take my chance with it as had the same on one of my vans for the last 5 years and had VOSA checks done on that and never had a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I agree. Will most likely be light or dark smoke to the rear quarters and back.
Guys at Pent would be happy to do the front they said, light smoke only and reckoned id be pretty unlucky to get pulled. Better safe than sorry eh! Dont fancy a fine either :cry:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine had tints when I got it, including the doors. It looks pretty dark from the outside but fairly mild from inside, probably still illegal but its been fine so far.

I think it looks :cool: but the door windows have started to peel a bit at the edges which is a bit annoying. I had thought about taking it off the at the front but I've heard it is a bit of a bugger to get the stuff off.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
You mean like gangster rap trendies and limousines full of orange slags? If I wanted a Bombay Bad Boy I would have bought a Golf or a BMW... or a Pot Noodle...

Nick

·
Registered
344 Posts
Mine had tints when I got it, including the doors. It looks pretty dark from the outside but fairly mild from inside, probably still illegal but its been fine so far.

I think it looks :cool: but the door windows have started to peel a bit at the edges which is a bit annoying. I had thought about taking it off the at the front but I've heard it is a bit of a bugger to get the stuff off.
I have the same colour has yours would you be able to put any pics up has I have been thinking about tints? Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the same colour has yours would you be able to put any pics up has I have been thinking about tints? Cheers
My profile pic kinda shows it but I'll try and take some more shortly. If it didn't have them when I got it I'm not sure I would have paid to add the tints. I'm just too lazy to get them removed and now I've had the car long enough it just seems normal now.

Its the same with the boot spoiler, not something I would have put on the car but its growing on me and it kind of suits it somehow.:)

·
Registered
344 Posts
My profile pic kinda shows it but I'll try and take some more shortly. If it didn't have them when I got it I'm not sure I would have paid to add the tints. I'm just too lazy to get them removed and now I've had the car long enough it just seems normal now.

Its the same with the boot spoiler, not something I would have put on the car but its growing on me and it kind of suits it somehow.:)

It's defiantly an eye catcher ...okay look look forward to a picture

·
Registered
71 Posts
A couple of pictures, not great but hopefully you can see the tints.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Can't you just wear sunglasses? It'll have much the same effect except it will look less um... council estate...

Nick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tints look really good guys. Spent half hour or so with the lads at Pentagon in the workshop.
Ended up going for Dark Smoke back/rear and light smoke at the front.

Only issue during installation seemed to be with the front windows given the slight drop on opening. The film had been taken right to window edge (between end of window/rear quarter) and was catching inside the door when lowering, the lads trimmed it back a few mm to avoid and is not noticeable.
Would highly recommend all the guys down there Pentagon Glasgow - Home

Paid £195 inc VAT for the lot. They admitted that having not done many GT's they would definetely charge more in future :thumbs: RESULT. Mainly due to issue above and the 14 screws that hold the rear window panel inside surround on :lol:

Will post up some pictures asap for viewing in case anyone else fancies. They also leave a pretty cool looking raised logo near the upper tail light. :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
GT Glasgow shots

Howdy folks,

Just a follow up as promised showing the GT after Angel work (cheers Paul) and Pentagon in Glasgow.
Starting to really look good. Next up Q2 and brake upgrade.

Tints are Dark smoke at the rear quarters and back. Light smoke at the front
:thumbs:

PK

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice one, looks pretty cool and not too chavvy! :thumbs: Been mulling over getting some tints done on my 156, don't think I'd go for the dark tints myself but a mild tint might look good!

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the idea of rear tints due to having kids, also a lot of the newer cars i see from merc's to Hyundai's seem to have the rears tinted nowadays , im also keen on these that have been posted due to in the winter i can take them off :) has anybody actually brought any of these ??

UV Privacy Car Shades Set of 4 Alfa 147 5 DOOR 2000-on - Alfa Romeo 147 UV Car Shades - Vanstyle
I've just ordered a set of the three door variant for the GTA, so will feedback if they're any good or nor. Ten day delivery time though, so will need to be a little patient!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've wanted to get this done for a while, but think tints on just rear windows look crap.

Would much rather a mild tint all round.

Got more important jobs to do first, but will get around to it eventually I'm sure.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts