Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunatley my drivers side window button on the GT is loose and is making life difficult when trying to put down and up the window.
I was wondering is it possible to use a 147 replacement unit - link below - its for a 147 though will this work - any advice please (the Link to the unit is below) if not would anyone have advice where to purchase one thanks in advance

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Romeo-147-GT-Drivers-Electric-Window-Switch-3-Door-/110977506983?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d6c65ea7

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
The unit won't work but your problem is probably the plunger underneath the switch and the 147 will have the same arrangement. If you're willing to take both switch units apart to make one good one then the 147 unit will be fine - just be very careful not to lose any more of the plungers when you take it apart.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yes it is. I did it a few days ago. Just undo also the bottom nut under the door handle before pulling the unit out (i didnt know that).

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Just undo also the bottom nut under the door handle before pulling the unit out (i didnt know that).
Nor did I, which is why I needed new plungers as when I took my door card off to do a different job I pulled the top off the switch unit and most of the plungers fell into the door, some irretrievably. :eek:

·
Registered
227 Posts
The unit won't work but your problem is probably the plunger underneath the switch and the 147 will have the same arrangement. If you're willing to take both switch units apart to make one good one then the 147 unit will be fine - just be very careful not to lose any more of the plungers when you take it apart.

hi, this is exactly what i did... buy the cheapest u can find, and swap over the tops :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all where is exactly the nut under the door handle (stupid query I know) but I cannot locate it :( also are the plungers the white plastic square piece

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks all where is exactly the nut under the door handle (stupid query I know) but I cannot locate it :( also are the plungers the white plastic square piece
Well its a screw actually..small black one just above the door storage compartment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I took off the unit and low and behold the 8 plastic pins fell to the ground and of course I lost half of them on the floor etc for the life I can find some of the longer mirror plastic pins - plungers bar 1 - can these be purchased only need 3 for the mirror ( the longer plungers) real pain this

1 - 11 of 11 Posts