Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slight problem. For some time now using the drivers window controls, to get the passenger window down you have to pull the switch up. The only way you can get it back up is to use the passenger door control. Also when lowering the drivers window, on pressing the switch down it took a couple of seconds for it to drop. Now however it won't go down at all. when you pull the switch up you can hear the motor kicking in.
I've taken the switch housing out and reconnected but still the same.
Anybody know if this means a replacement switch unit or is it the canbus system gone up it?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Have you performed the window reset procedure? (10 seconds pushed all the way down, on the drivers control, followed by 10 seconds pulled all the way up)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mine is in with the garage at the moment for exactly this - passenger window goes down, operated by either control, but the only way to get it up is to hold and lock the car whilst standing outside or being really still :cheese: I'll know what the remedy is later today and let you know !

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Ruiner, have not picked this comment up as it wasn't flagged up on my email.
Have been looking on ebay and seen plenty of control units. I'm thinking of getting one after I've checked the one on the car for the part number. I'm a bit worried though that after fitting it may have to be programmed for the car to recognise the "new" part.
Geoff.

·
Registered
930 Posts
NJS did say that they did a software update after fitting the control unit, so it may not be as simple as a replacement :roll eyes: Give Neil a call, he'll chat it through I am sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts