Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had experience with the window´s dark film like " 3 M " in your babes ?
Are they cooler in summer ?
Give them more security for robbery ?

Thanks in advance
Jorge :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Never used it myself, but here in the UK you can't put the film on the Windscreen, so you end up with windows different colours.

Would be good for drive-by-shootings though.

Marlon

R

·
0 Posts
Yes - it's too dark here most of the time but my brother in Australia put some in his Holden Gemini (sort of Mk I Opel Kadett). It does keep the car cooler and in bright conditions it reduces glare - maybe worth a try but don't get any air-bubbles in it as they look dire.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Jorge! Just today, I have been wondering around, asking for the very same thing here in Buenos Aires.
For the 3M, they are asking 150 pesos (something like U$S 40 I guess...)
How about you?

J

·
0 Posts
i once had limo tint(very dark)in a van in all but the windscreen the only problem is a night when you want to look out of the side window at a junction all you can see is your own reflection.

W

·
0 Posts
To be honest I think it looks naff! Only boys racers in Nova's have it round here. I hear that the edges start to lift away after a while and of course the air bubbles already mentioned are a risk.

wrinx

P

·
0 Posts
hi seems most popular on larger vehicles mpv's & 7 or 8 seaters here in the uk. but i would not put any on my 155.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi there, finally I fitted the dark film on my babe, but not the common one, I used the blindage film to avoid the scrash window for robbery purpose. It is a very thick film that blind the windows and has a smoke tone, you can see well outside. It will not brake a bullet but is very hard, i think it worths.
Regards
Jorge :D

D

·
0 Posts
i was thinking about tinting my windows, not totally black just the smoke effect. i didnt want to attempt it myself so i asked about it at my local performance centre and was quoted £300 eek! (i think not!!!) i didnt like the idea of them taking all the windows out to do it has well. frown

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi there guys
The two brothers that did the job are doing it since many years ago and they work here with the news BMW (agghh)before the clients pick up them.
They did the job in my garage it was the only way, if not i wouldn´t do it and the cost is 150.
The first day i could rob the digital camera to my wife (that has it in the hospital for work) i will take some photos to you.
At first I had doubts about doing the job or not but I can tell you It worths for security and the job was perfect.

Regards
Jorge :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Marlon, tinted the rear windscreen.
I didn´t want to tint the front one because if I do it, it´s like being all day ( and night ) with sun glasses!!! :D

Regards
Jorge

·
Banned
477 Posts
I fancy getting a deep tint on the windscreen like Tarquini's/Simoni's 94 BTCC racers, but wondered if it would look naff without the other window's not being tinted. Also I think there is a legal depth of any sunstrip? Anyone know what it is?

M

·
0 Posts
Don't know what the legal depth for sunstrips are, BUT.........I think it is illegal in the UK to tint your windscreen. That's why you see all those Novas blacked out except for the front windscreen.

Might be wrong........

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Illegal as far as I know, JB will be able to quote chapter and verse on this tho wink

wrinx

R

·
0 Posts
I think the windscreen tint has to be no more than 25% (100% being totally opaque and 0% being clear) amd most cars come with about 12.5% so you could potentially go a bit darker.

It'd be interesting to know what the MOT book says about the thickness of sun-strip though - it wouldn't be too bad to have tinted windows all round and then a half-way tint (or whatever we're allowed) on the windscreen.

Ralf S.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts