Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically my car is due at the end of July...

I now have a car buyer who wants my car by end of June...Slight issue, I need a car.

Will they offer me a temp car if i ask them?>?

B

·
0 Posts
Lol No chance, why would they?! Although there's nothing wrong with asking! :)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
We managed to get a temp car out of peugoet when we were waiting for a new 206 ... although that was because the delivery date came and went ...

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
um...i think not....i sold my pug a onth before i got my babe...i could hav hireda car from them but they wouldnt give me a temp car...and im "mates" with the salesman too.....say no more...:cheese:

·
Registered
41,769 Posts
oh yes...if it works..go for it...:cheese::cheese:

hav to go to work now so cant abuse u today unfortunately...cos i soooo enjoy it....cya friday...mwah...mwah

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a temp car, a mito to drive around :) I sold my car nearly two weeks ago and have had a mito since while waiting for mine to arrive which is delayed. I gp on holiday next week so handing the loaner back and will come home to a mito of my very own.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have managed to get the buyer to wait till the 16th of July which is a good deal longer than he wanted.

The dealer said they would try and push the car forward in terms of delivery which was very good of them.

Also they said if that doesn't happen they will see what they can do.

On a personal note I couldnt recommend Kevin and Marshalls hitchin anymore he is quality

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Nothing wrong with asking for the use of a Part Exchange before they valet and recon it. Make sure you offer to insure her fully comp and there is no reason why a dealer would say no. Just don't expect a year old GT.

Alternative is, if your pride will take it, run a banger till the new car arrives. You can pick up a bucket for peanuts, as long as she is tax and tested, you will likely get your money back, or even make a few quid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts