Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
MIF: make it fit. :D

At worst, some minor trimming of the plastic behind the tweeter grill, and bonding them in position (silicone, glue, etc), and it should be no probs.

Mind you, the factory tweeter positions are not the optimal place for best sound quality, IMO. So you have the opportunitly to mount them on the A-pillars, dashtop corners, mirror sail panels, or kickpanel areas, for example.

But, as a drop-in replacement, they are probably going to be around 28mm diameter including the plastic housing, which should be no big deal for a skilled installer.

If you really have your doubts, then don't buy them. Instead, go to an ICE store that sells them, and have them trial fit them, and/or have them install them. If they clearly don't fit, the store will have other options that do fit. ebay is of course risky from this point of view; if they don't fit, then what?

:)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shiny!

I will definately be fitted by a professional. i wish i could audtion the equipment and test fit but none of the ICE store close to me have the system. I guess i might have to risk it and buy blind (or deaf!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts