Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
The GT and the 159 don't share anything of significance.

You are thinking of the GT and the 156.

The GT actually has more in common with the 147 than with the 156 SW.

·
Administrator
88,052 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just to chuck a spanner in the works, there are also different towbars for the 156 sw. When they facelifted them 2004ish, the rear number plate was lower, so there is a different towbar for earlier and later 156's.
I have a towbar I removed from a scrap pre facelift 156 and fitted it to my later model, all fittings + brackets are exactly the same but the swan neck towbar obscures the number plate, might be worth considering as the rear bumper on the gt might foul on the towbar, meaning you would have to cut a section from the bumper. A later 156 towbar has the best chance, but I've not looked under the back of a gt so couldn't say if mounting points, exhaust etc would fit or foul.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
I've got a few 156 towbars if you wanted to try one before you buy....may have a 147 one soon, too. Haven't looked at the rear underside of a GT so although I know there are similarities with 147 and 156, and no real similarity with 159, I can't give a definitive answer.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I've got a few 156 towbars if you wanted to try one before you buy....may have a 147 one soon, too. Haven't looked at the rear underside of a GT so although I know there are similarities with 147 and 156, and no real similarity with 159, I can't give a definitive answer.
If the OP isn't interested, I might be interested in the 147 bar (if it is swan neck type).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts