Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....as I still have this bloody 'knocking' noise from the front end and it's driving me crazy! Anyone (GTA experience essential!) near Wandsworth want to have a look and see if they can suss it out? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
I'm up luton way this weekend so may have time tomoz. Not 100% though. What have you changed?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Previous owner had all the bushes done and car was checked by AL a month ago with no obvious problem when on ramp. Had a new back box fitted by them but it wasn't aligned, so I had to adjust the rubber hangers. This week I had engine and gearbox oil service and replaced leaky PS hose. I might be mistaken, but it seems worse after service, as previously the noise was more obvious when car was warm, now it's all the time. I can feel it through the pedals and it sounds like metal on metal knock. Quite subtle but I hate it. :mad:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Feeling the knocking through the pedals hints at antiroll bar bushes.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
By the description I would say anti-roll bar bushes as well. I had that knocking through the pedals feeling.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Previous owner had all the bushes done and car was checked by AL a month ago with no obvious problem when on ramp. Had a new back box fitted by them but it wasn't aligned, so I had to adjust the rubber hangers. This week I had engine and gearbox oil service and replaced leaky PS hose. I might be mistaken, but it seems worse after service, as previously the noise was more obvious when car was warm, now it's all the time. I can feel it through the pedals and it sounds like metal on metal knock. Quite subtle but I hate it. :mad:
What engine oil did they use....

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The issue I had when my antiroll bar bushes had gone was that when the car was cold the noise was very obvious, but by the time I had driven the 20 miles to my dealer (car was under dealer provided warranty) the rubbers seemed to swell with heat (presumably generated by the friction of them moving around) and the car was silent.....no noise, no knocking and no feeling of anything wrong whatsoever!! I'm sure the dealer thought I was making it up until I convinced them to keep the car in overnight (necessitating the use of a loan car) and try it from cold the following day. Sure enough the noise and knocking through the pedals was apparent. I had a new bar fitted under warranty.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Can you make it knock by rocking the car yourself when switched off?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts