Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a brand new, genuine set of 17" multispokes for my 156. They are the same as the GT wheels and were available as a factory option on the 156 Veloce like mine.

Obviously I'm going to tell my insurers (Equity Red Star through CKI) but given they are factory option wheels, what effect will they have:confused:

Cheers,

·
Registered
640 Posts
If they were a factory option, how would the insurer know they weren't on the car from new?

M

·
0 Posts
As long as they are genuine Alfa alloys, I don't think it should make a difference :)

D

·
0 Posts
Squadrone, as long as those types of wheels came with a 'version' of the car you have, then the insurers won't care. I have a pre face lift 156 with the 15" 8 holed Alfa wheels, if I were to get the 16" lesser-holed face lift wheels it would make no difference. So yours wont either, theyll just look better, lol.

Darren

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Should not make a difference S.:)
Pleased you got some sorted out;)

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Hmmm...when I wanted to order my 156 with non-standard wheels it certainly cut down the numbers of insurers that would quote.

I think you may find you do get an increase - but let us know after you've spoken to them

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ah right. Nope, they don't do that here. Well none of the insurance companies I have used have done that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Ah right. Nope, they don't do that here. Well none of the insurance companies I have used have done that.

that"s better - but we can make compromise if you know right people, offcourse...

I put my Zender body kit on my ex car by insurance company, before that I"ve had a small accident(hit the cat),,, so I change original bumper and put Zender without any problem..

·
Registered
662 Posts
i had my last insurance with zurich and i phoned them to see if it would affect my premium and they said as long as it wasnt over 15" (standard wheels were 13") and i notified tehm they wouldnt charge anything extra

1 - 12 of 12 Posts