Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the reported rift between Dennis and Alonso and the report from Hamilton that the team are right behind him after recent problems in the court....

Although there is a strict no favouritism policy at Mclaren - I have a feeling that Alonso's engine will be race managed remotely using the current racing telemetry system they have to knock his performance a couple of thou if it looks like Alonso will get away from Hamilton...

What do you think??

NO POLL just thoughts.....

Chris

A

·
0 Posts
Yep, I think there is more to this than meets the eye. Dennis and McLaren are very well insulated...they very rarely show any sort of anger (unlike cry babies Ferrari who cheat, get away with it, then moan at others doing the same) and so I think if they have already decided to ditch Alonso he will not get favouritsm for the remainder of the year.

Alonso is such a nob:tut:.

E

·
0 Posts
I dunno that they would favour Hamilton over Alonso as such. But I sure as hell wonder how those guys at McLaren can deal with Alonso now.

Hamilton may be the younger of the two but he is by far the more mature, hopefully that won't change as he progresses, but he seems a level headed guy with the right kind of attitude. Just a shame he isn't in a red car.

·
Registered
415 Posts
No Ron and his team have been behind him for years now so I think he should stay there and be part of that team, just cos hes not in a red car will not change things in my view.

Alonso, difficalt this one, the team has done well to deliver a good car etc but that has just been thrown back in there face so yes maybe the best person should win.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Considering- whatever you think of the bloke- his whole ethos has always been about fairness, so NO! I don't think he'd betray himself to stoop to Alonso's level. Having said that, Ron is the boss, the MD, he doesn't touch the cars or influence the engineers, so you can't say nothing will happen. But the boys on Alonso's side of the garage will want to win no matter where he goes next year.

On top of that I'm sure the FIA and the whole world will be watching closely, and even if there is a genuine problem McLaren will be attacked for betraying their principles.

But most of all, it's impossible. You can't adjust any aspect of the car from the pits. Not only is it illegal, but the systems that were available years ago required a driver authorisation to effect the change to computer settings via the two way telemetry.

So in a nutshell, no, no remote race engine management.

However, it's harder to discount that Lewis will be given the prime strategy for each race, though I think McLaren will just soldier on personally.

Alonso and Dennis haven't been speaking since august and it hasn't seemed to affect results yet.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Aye! If anything McLyin' will make EXTRA-sure Alonso's car doesn't pack up.. they don't want a hysterical witch-hunt from the media, accusing them of having knacked it on purpose. I think they've had enough controsoversy for one year.

I think Kinky will win the tin though... ;)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I don't think Maclaren(Denis) cares who wins as long as it's them.

Also my understanding is that the FIA will look on anything untoward as payback for Alonso's honisty(?) in coming forward with the E-mail evidence and will further punish Maclaren.

A

·
0 Posts
Don't you think the iron rimmed wooden spoked wheels on Alonsos car are a bit of a give away:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AlfaLincs

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I think todays events show thatr McLarena re more likely to prevent Lewis from winning, albeit unintentionally :(

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I don't think Maclaren(Denis) cares who wins as long as it's them.
Same view here... as long as Alonso leaves the team.

I see McLaren's strategy as focusing on Hamilton be the 2007 World Champion, or even #2. Whatever Alonso achieves would be considered a plus, but that's it, knowing that he's probably leaving McLaren.

Then in 2008-2009:
-Alonso at Renault (with a car inferior to McLaren's) with Kovalainen,
-Hamilton running with a young "supporting" talent,
-Hamilton shooting for the 2008 and 2009 World Champion title.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Same view here... as long as Alonso leaves the team.

I see McLaren's strategy as focusing on Hamilton be the 2007 World Champion, or even #2. Whatever Alonso achieves would be considered a plus, but that's it, knowing that he's probably leaving McLaren.

Then in 2008-2009:
-Alonso at Renault (with a car inferior to McLaren's) with Kovalainen,
-Hamilton running with a young "supporting" talent,
-Hamilton shooting for the 2008 and 2009 World Champion title.
Alonso will not be going back to Renault.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What are the other teams that would be as competitive as Renault, or more, with a free seat next year? I'm asking this as I don't know how things are driver-wise for BMW, Williams, etc...

A

·
0 Posts
There's some hot diggedy dawg seats goin in that NASCAR racin...yee haw...thats where they all seem to go when they fall out with Boss Ron..yeee haw!;)

tis but a dream
AlfaLincs

H

·
0 Posts
There's some hot diggedy dawg seats goin in that NASCAR racin...yee haw...thats where they all seem to go when they fall out with Boss Ron..yeee haw!;)

tis but a dream
AlfaLincs
Yep, and the NASCAR boys show them just how average and insignificant they really are.

Guess they forget how to race side by side and overtake during their stay in F1.......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts