Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
It may if you also used 147GTA front wings...... but then you'd also want to widen the rear arches to match.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
This might be helpful Leonardo. I was just watching this video of a GT and I thought it look odd as the camera pans to the front. This is the first for me but it looks like the have put a 147 GTA bumper and 147 headlights.

Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V (240HP) - YouTube

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yes that looks like exactly what they have done. I've heard theories about this before but nice to see it achieved. What you have to remember is underneath a gt is a 156 is 147. It will all fit with a bit of jiggery pokery ;)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Well I have a GT and a 147 so one day I might have to test this theory. I might swap them around ,plastidip or wrap the whole car and bring it to an alfa event just to confuse people :cheese:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Ha nice video. It does look wrong though. The front of the GT is larger and more bullish where as the 147 is smaller and looks more squat / lower. Least it looks that way al though I am sure its not.

Always prefered the front of the GT with the larger alfa romeo grill trait.

Still an interesting project visually.

·
Registered
11,604 Posts

·
Registered
30,252 Posts
Ha nice video. It does look wrong though. The front of the GT is larger and more bullish where as the 147 is smaller and looks more squat / lower. Least it looks that way al though I am sure its not.
If you are comparing a GT to a basic 147 then yes the GT is wider, but only the wheel arches and the profile of the bumper to match.
Compare a GT and a 147 GTA and you'll find the bumper & headlights will swap over keeping (I'm sure) everything else the same.
147 & GT share the same bonnets.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts