• Who's Max Mosley

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Interview in the Telegraph this weekend saying if he does not have to resign then he will step down next year at the end of his term.
What ever happens he shouldnt be there for long

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
I dunno why his (or anyone's) sexual eccentricities should be the reason for him getting sacked...

What next, should he be sacked because he did it "doggy" and not the sanctimoniously approved "missionary"??

It's not right.. Let the lad wear his Jackboots and let the tarts whip him like the horny dog he is..! :D

Ralf S.

A

·
0 Posts
That isn't the point is it?
It is the Nazi connotation that is the problem. If that was true then it may cause offence to some people.. Also its a family sport not not very good to be in the public eye.
Plus paying for some fun in the dark with five ladies of the night isn't strictly legal. I agree with Jackie Stewart on this one. If he was in the top position of a multi national public company then he would have had to walk already

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'd forgotten I'd started this and I hadn't voted. I agree with what Nicky said he should go but probably won't.
As for the it's nobody's business but his argument I think thats true as long as you don't get caught and your not head of an international organisation representing 10's of millions of people.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Ok lets start by saying that he never intended for anyone to see it. Its not like he went out of his way to make his kicks public knowledge. I for one dont think he should be sacked over it. If people have been offended by an old man getting his rocks off by being whipped while dressed as a Nazi then they should go after the people that leaked it. What anyone does in private should not affect what they do for a living. I dont care what the history of his family is, he wasnt hurting anyone and he probably paid a lot of money. :D

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Ok lets start by saying that he never intended for anyone to see it. Its not like he went out of his way to make his kicks public knowledge. I for one dont think he should be sacked over it. If people have been offended by an old man getting his rocks off by being whipped while dressed as a Nazi then they should go after the people that leaked it. What anyone does in private should not affect what they do for a living. I dont care what the history of his family is, he wasnt hurting anyone and he probably paid a lot of money. :D

I think you should care about his family history.

Britain stood alone through part of WW2 against the worst tyranny imaginable. Millions lost their lives in perhaps the only war that was truly between the forces of good and evil.

Everyone has a right not to be tainted by the sins of their fathers, but that is done by disassociating with such views, not acting out concentration camp scenes.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I think you should care about his family history.

Britain stood alone through part of WW2 against the worst tyranny imaginable. Millions lost their lives in perhaps the only war that was truly between the forces of good and evil.

Everyone has a right not to be tainted by the sins of their fathers, but that is done by disassociating with such views, not acting out concentration camp scenes.
Nope sorry mate, not bothered. I lost family in WW2 as did most people, but it was a war, and in war there are deaths and there are crimes, and generally nasty behaviour. I'm not shocked by that. And yes, Hitler was a nutter but there have been others and there will be more. I dont see the need to dwell in the past, crying over a war. Since when have wars been nice things? And yes there were a lot of persecuted people but there are more across the world now that our time would be better spent concentrating on.

It seems people have forgotten that the Allies weren't all goody 2 shoes during that time, and tend to just act like martrs. I'm all for remembering the dead, but this is ancient history...awful as it was, and if some old bloke gets his kicks from dressing up as a Nazi then who am i to say he cant?

Roast me if you like but this is something i feel strongly about. We spend too much time looking backwards while people right in front of us are in need of our help. Its time to look at what is going on around us now and act on that.

Ok, rant over. :D

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Nope sorry mate, not bothered. I lost family in WW2 as did most people, but it was a war, and in war there are deaths and there are crimes, and generally nasty behaviour. I'm not shocked by that. And yes, Hitler was a nutter but there have been others and there will be more. I dont see the need to dwell in the past, crying over a war. Since when have wars been nice things? And yes there were a lot of persecuted people but there are more across the world now that our time would be better spent concentrating on.

It seems people have forgotten that the Allies weren't all goody 2 shoes during that time, and tend to just act like martrs. I'm all for remembering the dead, but this is ancient history...awful as it was, and if some old bloke gets his kicks from dressing up as a Nazi then who am i to say he cant?

Roast me if you like but this is something i feel strongly about. We spend too much time looking backwards while people right in front of us are in need of our help. Its time to look at what is going on around us now and act on that.

Ok, rant over. :D
Firstly, the holocaust and the dropping of the atomic bomb probably defined the C20th, a century we are only 8 years out of. Its history sure, but its not really ancient history...is it?

Secondly, I didn't say WW2 was a nice thing, but it was a necessary thing. If you were jewish, or black, or a gypsy, or disabled your destiny was extermination on an industrial scale.

Thirdly, you forget history at you peril. Of course its those suffering now that need our help, but to imply that the slavery, or persecution or genocide of the past is best now forgetten is sending out one hell of a message to tomorrows tyrant.

Why not do both?

Rant over:)

·
Registered
160 Posts
He should have gone as soon as the story broke.

Anyone in an equivalent position in a properly regulated business rather than the gentlemens' club that is motorsport would have gone within days for the good of their industry.

The manipulation of the discussion and vote at FIA level towards whether the way the story was obtained legally or not, and so glossing over the question whether such a person should be representing all us motorists on the world stage, is absolutely disgusting but exactly as expected.

Whether what he was doing, or the manner in which the story broke, was legal or illegal is totally irrelevant. There seems to be failure to recognise that dignity and morals have higher priority in most peoples' minds than discussions over legality. The desperate clinging to power is a poor, but appropriate, reflection on the current state of governance of motorsport.

I worry that the time it will take for any sort of decision to be made, the lack of conviction of the main member organisations (not least the British MSA), the appointment of "independent" lawyers and investigators to complicate matters will mean the whole thing just becomes another administrative farce. It will bring down the reputation of the whole organisation, when it should just ruin one man.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
he won :eek: :(

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
And the arrogance that got him to the post in the first place will prevent him from acknowledging the harm he has done to the office. So he'll stay even though it is crystal clear that he should go for the good of the organisation.

Sorry to say this outcome falls in line with my original prediction.

I really wanted to be wrong this time :(

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I agree, it's all about self interest and nothing to do with right and wrong.:(

V

·
0 Posts
I find the tobacco advertising that still goes on in the Sport more 'disgusting' than what he's been getting up to.

Is he good at the job?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts