Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have an opportunity to purchase Teledial GTA wheels and Im wondering if these weels will go straight on to my 2005 Alfa 156 V6 2.5L sedan? Or do I need to do more modifications?

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
They will fit straight on. What size tyres will you fit with them?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
147 Multi spokes fit lovely too. As you can see from my pick below! (mines the one on the left!

·
Registered
581 Posts
Worth keeping in mind they're a different offset to the standard 156 v6 wheels so will alter the handling a bit.. Wheel bearings may wear quicker too I think.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
They are 35mm offset compared to the standard 41mm so the wheel will sit 6mm further out but I think they are one of the lighter 17" Alfa wheels

·
Registered
581 Posts
For sure lighter wheels will reduce the unsprung weight, helping handling, ride etc.

But are the GTA wheels suitable for the basic v6, i.e. how would the offset affect the handling and straightline stability? Was reading an earlier post recently with some tecchie stuff (relating to the offset radius or somesuch) discussing this.

Would be interesting to drive a car with the 17" GTAs and the 17" Selespeeds back to back and compare.

Gav.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I've had both on my car and the GTA wheels with 225/45 tyres felt much better than the Selespeeds with 215/45 tyres but a lot of this was undoubtedly down to the better tyres I had on the GTA wheels.

The only problem with GTA wheels and 225/45 tyres is that they might catch the rear wheel arch over bumps or heavy load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts