Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
pretty much as per the title. my 2.0 156 selespeed has gone pop and I have been offered a 1.8 engine by a fellow member for a reasonable price. aside from the ecu thinking its running a 1.8 which I am hoping shouldnt really make much differnce as it should tune out.
I know theyre pretty much the same block but does anybody know of any problems I WILL encounter.

as always any help is greatly appreciated.:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
running a 1.8 with a selespeed will be a problem imho the ECU for a 1.8 = m1.5.5 and for the ss ME 3.1. if the 1.8 has a throttle with cable control it will be impossible because the ss is drive by wire

·
Registered
275 Posts
if the 1.8 has a throttle with cable control it will be impossible because the ss is drive by wire
Shouldn't be a problem if he re-uses the 2 ltr's ancilleries, such as throttle etc. I've heard of people popping 2 ltrs in a 1.8 ok, so I guess it should be possible the other way around. Not sure it will tune itself out entirely and it will probably never run as efficiently as a 1.8 should, but I would think its possible, but I'm no expert.

The manual 1.8 and 2.0 do have different gear ratios too, but I think the bell housing fits ok so that shouldn't be an issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts