Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im on my brakes alot and my std (genuine) pads are not lasting, Would a desent set of pads be enuff or maybe new disks,Calipers,hosing or fluids would help? I don't wanna spend alot on the car due to other problems that need doing first.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Your best option is a set of Ferodo DS2500 pads, its been discussed many times here before.

These are one of the best pads but are expensive at around £100 a set, you can use these with a good quality set of discs and good Dot4 brake fluid with very good results.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
DS2500 pads are about £100 front and £80 rear IIRC, so you are paying about £120 for 2 sets of brake discs..................seems like a reasonable price.

BTW grooved discs are noisier than standard discs when used hard, a sort of droning noise

You may not need to change the rear pads and discs, they dont do a great deal of work and tend to last a lot longer than the fronts..........its worth checking first

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DS2500 pads are about £100 front and £80 rear IIRC, so you are paying about £120 for 2 sets of brake discs..................seems like a reasonable price.

BTW grooved discs are noisier than standard discs when used hard, a sort of droning noise

You may not need to change the rear pads and discs, they dont do a great deal of work and tend to last a lot longer than the fronts..........its worth checking first
is there anyway of maybe evening out the load on the frouts and rears brakes ?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
no, its all done by the EBD system which is part of the abs system

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, its all done by the EBD system which is part of the abs system
EBD system which is part of the abs system

;) So thats abit of hose pipe and tape init ?

My abs dont even work well my brakes dont even lock just slow down.. very slowly atm lol there overly warn or somthing

C

·
0 Posts
Check:

the front and rear calipers arn't siezed
individual brake temps by touching each wheel after a run
when your brake fluid was last changed

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check:

the front and rear calipers arn't siezed
individual brake temps by touching each wheel after a run
when your brake fluid was last changed

200 miles ago when i replaced my clutch. My clutch somtimes 2 times in 200miles go's hard so maybe a better bleed is in order?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts