Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's 18 year old cousin, a distant one that she'd never met before, is studying something health related at uni here in the UK and needed to arrange a week shadowing someone in a clinical environment. Her mum asked my wife is she could help and that was arranged.

We picked her up from the station Thursday evening and both expected her to be typical stroppy teenage girl, with nothing to say, her head in fu**book/twa*ter and leaving a mess everywhere. I wish!

It's nice for the wife to have someone to chat to in Portuguese, but she never shuts up!

She offered to make us a pizza, which we thought would be good of her - bl**dy awful. Luckily the cake she made at the same time got stolen overnight by the dogs as that was even worse!

She can't stop fussing around, tidying up and moving things. I though the MIL was bad.

Neither of us can get anything done without being interrupted and asked if we want anything. I really appreciate that she's trying to help out, and she's a genuinely nice kid, but go back to uni FFS.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[And - breathe]

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but the nature of families is that your wife's cousin is also yours.......

and if it's any consolation she's probably complaining about having to deal with an equally annoying grumpy Uncle.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but the nature of families is that your wife's cousin is also yours.......

and if it's any consolation she's probably complaining about having to deal with an equally annoying grumpy Uncle.
Uncle? I'm confused....surely cousin in law ?? ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts