Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave my wifes 145 a good clean yesterday and it is looking like new. I also degreased the engine bay, but now the car seems to be missing and acceleration isn't smooth. I sprayed the degreaser over the engine etc and then hosed off. Any ideas what may be wrong?

G

·
Check you have not filled the spark plug holes up with water, take top cover off and pull the coil packs up and look down :)

if you need more info just ask

G

·
Take off the top engine cover and you will see the coilpack and leads, they sit on a plate which is held down by 3 bolts, undo the bolts and pull the lot upwards (pull the leads to the plugs first will make it easyer to lift)

·
Registered
801 Posts
In the damp air it will take longer to dry, but will probably come right in time.

Lesson learnt - don't use water to clean your engine bay!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Havn't had time to get the water out, I've been too busy and my 156 is off the road having the head rebuilt after the cam belt snapped. So the wife has been taxi-ing me about and the car is being used a lot more than normal- Result is the water has gone and all the power is back:) :) I drove it to work this morning and I'd forgotten how much fun it was to drive. My wife however was not amused to hear the tyres squealing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.