Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys since this morning my 156 has a very bad virbation feeling all over the car when i change to 4,5,6 and put my foot down ive checked tyre pressures and tyre tread its all good , any ideas or help and advice , thanks karl ...:)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
loose wheel bolts?

lost wheel balance?

defective drive shaft?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've started getting the same thing with my 20V. Ok in 4th, 5th, 6th unless I apply some acceleration. I'm thinking drive shafts.... :-(

·
Registered
563 Posts
got it booked in for the monday its still under warrenty so hopefully shouldnt cost me a penny , or would it ? :confused:
Definitely sounds like driveshafts. If you jack up the car, check for any splits in the CV boots on the driveshafts - if you've lost the grease then they will wear out very fast. if you give the shafts a good wiggle from underneath you should be able to feel the play in them. You can get away with replacing the spider and the inner cup providing the CV joint isn't knackered. Inner cup is about £90, spider about £70 and then about 1-2 hours labour.

PM me for any more info as I've had mine replaced about 4 times in the last 18 months.

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts