Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Strut Bar in the mail today, and now very happy, box was a bit damaged which inturn scratched some of the paint of the edge of the bar but i am not too fussed about that.

Being a man i dont usually read instructions, but in this case i thought it would be wise... but in the box there were no instructions.

So question is, how i do i fit and and what are these 2 really thick washers for?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Nice I'm thinking of getting one too, I imagine it's relatively simple to fit, but I'm also wondering how you do it.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
Dont you just bolt them to the front suspension towers, and if there is a facility to
adjust the brace (ie centrally) dont overtighten as it pulls in the towers:confused:

:)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a solid bar so no adjustments, also where do the large washers go?
Also do i have to undo anything?

·
Registered
112 Posts
It is a solid bar so no adjustments, also where do the large washers go?
Also do i have to undo anything?
You will have to undo the bolts of the suspension struts, fit the washers on then the strutbrace on. Use the original bots to then tighten it up. Large washers under the brace small wasters between the brace and the bolts.

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
do the mounting plates on either end of the brace match up to any of the holes on your suspension turrets??
Are the washers the 'orange' looking things??

:)

·
Registered
10,575 Posts
You will have to undo the bolts of the suspension struts, fit the washers on then the strutbrace on. Use the original bots to then tighten it up. Large washers under the brace small wasters between the brace and the bolts.
See you didnt need me after all:rolleyes::cheese:

·
Registered
112 Posts
So i dont use the bolts supplied with the bar?
You can do if the originals are to short.

and for the other question

A strut brace helps the cars handeling, it stiffens the front of the car up so theres less flexing which gives less body road and has been proven to save tyre wear.

I rate them but dont have one on my TS (yet) :)

·
Registered
458 Posts
from what ive experienced:

Washers for drivers side (australia)

Bolts will need to be longer ones supplied (just remove and replace the originals that are in the relevant locations)

Also, let us know once youve installed and post some pics! :thumbs:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Put an OMP on mine and it does improve the handling:)
Where did you get the OMP one from and is it aluminium or steel. can you post a picture of it installed. Think of getting one but not sure if one brand is better than the other.

What are the risks, other than a harder ride, is there a chance that the stiffer structure will mean the loads get transmitted to other parts of the chasis causing cracking of welds in the long term. ANyone had any experience?

J

·
0 Posts
i have both top and bottom on my Spider and the difference is like day and night, turn in is a lot sharper and it feel less sloppy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts