Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 155 widebody. (1.8 16v 1997)

But there are no spacers on the brake discs (which apparently are needed for the wider track?)

Is this normal, or has some previous owner/mechanic lost them???

It doesn't look obviously wrong....

cheers in anticipation,

Mike. :confused:

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
i got a rattle on my nearside front calliper when i go over drains and stuff me mate at wilco's said he couldnt see a shimmy or something then when he lookd the otherside there wasnt one there either but that one is fine :confused: :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
They do get lost or perhaps even not fitted at the factory. They can still be bought from dealers....

wrinx

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
If you had wheels with a smaller offset put on, the owner who did it may have taken the spacers out to keep the offset the same as standard.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have looked at ePER and getting confused now?!

Type in vin number and my car is correctly identified as 'V3 sport' ie 'sportpack' version.

Then go to Front brakes section and there are still 2 options to choose:

M2 1800 16v - no spacers!
751 sports kit - DOES have spacers.

So, is '751 sports kit' just the normal 'sportpack' (ie I definitely SHOULD have spacers), or is it a further level up from the basic 'sportpack' (in which case maybe I shouldn't)....

And to make it even more complicated, check out the options for a 2000 16v and both the options have spacers, '751 sports kit' or not...??

Think I'll get some spacers anyway to try out, but does anyone know the answer to this???

Puzzled,

Mike.

T

·
0 Posts
strange thing on my car too, the spacers on the back were different thicknesses.... bit wierd, but having broken one I had spares to swap with...

·
Banned
3 Posts
The infiltrator said:
strange thing on my car too, the spacers on the back were different thicknesses.... bit wierd, but having broken one I had spares to swap with...
I now feel like I've been left out as my 155 hasn't got rear spacers :( :(

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
alfa155.org said:
I now feel like I've been left out as my 155 hasn't got rear spacers :( :(
Thats OK neither has mine..... :rolleyes:

san

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Does it improve handling with spacers? How about spacers on the back??

san

M

·
0 Posts
The 155 didn't come with rear spacers because the wider track of the widebody is only at the front....and is due to the spacers. The rear is the same width whether it's a skinny or widebody.
The spacers can get lost when the front discs are changed because they actually look like part of the discs once they have been on a while. If you don't know to look for them, you won't know they are there. You generally have to "chisel" them away from the discs.

N

·
0 Posts
My 2.0 16v Sportpack had spacers on front but not back. Soon after buying it noticed front looked much wider than back, began 2 anoy me, I realise most FWD cars are set up slightly wider on front but eaven in the specs difference seemed 2 much.......have been running 20mm spacers on rear with longer studs to adress this 4 2 years it is still slightly wider at front just incase by a few mm's eaven with the 20mm spacers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts