Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the parts CD I noticed thet between the front wheels and the brake discs there is a spacer held in place by those little screw in pins. My car does not have them though. I don't have original wheels so maybe the new wheels are just a different offset to make up for this. Or indeed are 155 V6 (95) supposed to have them at all?

Can anyone shed any light?

R

·
0 Posts
I got a skinny V6 and I have the spacers but my new wheels have the non-spaced offset (so it's looking a bit Carlos Fandango at the mo').

I can't get rid of the spacers yet as I need shorter wheel bolts (37mm vs 41mm, I was told) and I haven't ordered them yet.

I think the skinny V6s had the spacers to boost the track. I dunno about the wideboys though, as in theory they could have received the same "widening" mods as the tweenies got, to make them wide.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The widebodies do have a wider track but I have had my wheels off a lot lately and have'nt noticed any spacers. I am running standard 16'' sportpack wheels with standard width tyres and it looks the same width as other widebodies.

Phil

A

·
0 Posts
I've got a sportpack widebody also (16' black speedlines, standard size tyres) but mine DOES have spacers! :rolleyes:
Maybe yours have just gone missing over time?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I think I might have selective blindness as I was more concerned with bent rims at the time. Will check again.

Phil

J

·
0 Posts
mine definately doesn't have spacers.

seems to drive handle ok, don't know if it ever did? how wide are these spacers? my car may have lost them b4 i got it? does anyone know what one's were supposed tohave spacers?

mine's a '97 'P' 2.0 TS widebody

j

A

·
0 Posts
My spacers are not that thick about 5mm maybe. I'll have a look tomorrow Jase and see exactly how thick they are.

W

·
0 Posts
This came up a while ago and nothing was sorted. I think the 1995 V6's should have had them but they get lost of course! Dunno about the later cars though.

I would be interested in full dimensions if someone could post them.........ta :D

Looking at my twinny and then the V6, the twinny wheels do seem to fill the gap better to the wheel arch (width ways!)

wrinx

B

·
0 Posts
My owners manual states that the front track for a skinny V6, Q4 & TD 2.5 is 1477mm all others are 1469mm, by my calcs that makes it 4mm per side.

Barry

W

·
0 Posts
Sorry meant the full dimensions of the spacers, diameter as well as thickness.

The wider cars have a wider track before use of the spacers..........this is gonna run and run and run...........

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Noticed my 96 (May built)T/S had spacers. Not measured them but would guess they were about 8mm thick, diameter same as hub. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ive had an 8v widebody and now 16v widebody and never had spaces on either maybe they get left off cause of cracked nuts or stress on bearings?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Mine have spacers, 5mm each one.

Cheers

R

·
0 Posts
From following the various threads on this subject over time, I would venture that the "skinny twinny" didn't have the spacers, just the V6, to increase the track.

My spacers are 4mm each, with the same diameter as the hub. This corresponds to what I found with the wheel bolts - there's 37mm bolts and 41mm bolts, which is what I have at the moment.

I think none of the wideboys had spacers, except for maybe just a few "transition" age V6 models.

Ralf S.

R

·
0 Posts
I just read some more posts more closely and there's obviously wide boys that DO have spacers, so my neat theory just got sunk.

Maybe it had something to do with the type of wheels that were fitted at the factory?

I dunno any more.

Ralf S.

W

·
0 Posts
Ok, just checked the parts CD, they are £6.91 each and appear on the following cars........

1.8 16v.....NO
2.0 16v.....YES
V6..........YES
1.8 and 2.0 8v...YES
2.0 16v (1995)...YES
V6 (1995).....YES
Q4.....YES

Also on the Lancia Delta and 145/6!!!

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
So the only cars not to have them are the 1.8 16 valvers ???
Strange, anyway I don't have them, but maybe they were removed when the Kahns were put on.
They seem to fill the arches nicely.
But who knows. If you wanted them, I'm sure they would fit every car, and what if you put them on the rear ???

Marlon

R

·
0 Posts
If you put them on the rear the wheel won't really sit on the axle properly. The rounded stub bit of hub that goes into the wheel centre doesn't stick out long enough.

Ralf S.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts