Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of this before?

I need a new front bumper on my 93 V6 and it has been suggested that i use a wide body front bumper.

The difference is where the bumper meets with the wheel arch so only someone in the know should spot it?

I know someone who races and he has a narrow body front bumper on his wide body car and i never knew until he told me.

Any thoughts on this one please??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alfa changed the wings and track etc on the wideboy cars, would they bother changing the bumper too??? My thinking is no, might be worth studying a few fotos of the wings!! Did they flare the ends of the bumper out to meet the wider wings or are the wings only flared near the wheel arches................sorry, no answers, just questions!! :confused:

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think Wrinx has got two widebodied 155's,that's if you are on about his twinny that's for sale? :confused:

-------------------
Ian H

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, I've got two fatty's eek!

Really can't see Alfa changing more parts than necessary, including the bumper.

Curvy, you may have more luck finding a narrow body in bits. Have you searched the "for sale" section, there are lots of 155's being broken in there.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The bumpers are different.
Me and J77 compared last week. Mine was much bigger and thicker, errr.....I mean, the skinny body bumpers have a little flat bit so they blend in with the lip of the wheelarches. The widebody bumpers also take a slightly different line so they match the widebody.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, forgot about this one!

There are loads of bumpers listed but some are shared with both cars and others not. Wonder if this is just about the unpainted bit?

Can someone provide me with a chassis number from a skinny body just to check?

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK Wrinx, my skinny chassis number is:
ZAR16700000107110

My bumpers are all painted and don't have the black top strip.

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, based on your chassis number Marlon, there are three bumper codes given and none of them are shared with widebodies, only the Q4.

wrinx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, my bumpers are definately a different profile from J's. I think if you put different bumpers on it would be very noticeable.

Marlon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts