Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i purchased some 4 stud alloys off a 164, for my 155 twinspark, according to websites they are same pcd and same offset so why does the wheel bolts only do up a couple of threads and why dont they seem to sit correctly, have i bought the wrong wheels, and how did i manage that when all fitments are the same.... please help me thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how would i be able to check this ? and what bolts would I need ?

·
Registered
622 Posts
check it with your local dealer or workshop.
I´m not into mechanic stuff, but i have 2 different set of bolts. One for my winter and one for the summer, both alloys.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks but would you believe that my car is in a garage as we speak for the problem and they have told me to get the parts etc..., and i cant move it from there as they dont fit,.... lol i'm going mad with frustration :mad:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please someone help i need to get my car back, and not sure where to go with the wheels thanks

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What length of bolts do you currently have?

I thought the 155 already had long bolts (35mm of thread?). The GTV bolts are longer at 38mm and I think some Lancia and Fiat have 40mm bolts.

Also, what do you mean that the wheels dont sit right -is that they are loose on the centre ring on the hub. The wheel centre hub on some Alfas are 58.6mm and some are 58mm.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
155 bolts are 35mm and 164 are 35 or 26 (I think 35 will be later cars) so you shouldn't have any problems on that score.

wrinx

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Check the following things:

Leaving the bolts aside, does the wheel fit flush against the hub, and if so do all the bolt holes line up?

If not, then it could be the central hole is too small to fit over the axle stub. I don't THINK the 155/164 are different sizes but I don't know for sure.

It's impossible that the holes don't line up UNLESS the wheels are a different PCD (the bolt holes are a different distance apart than 98mm) and the owner of the 164 used vari-bolts to make the wheels fit. These have a flexible top, so you can use them to put wheels with a big PCD on a hub with a smaller PCD. You'll need these vari-bolts to make this kind of wheel fit.

If the wheel fits and the bolt holes line up then the problem is likely to be the bolts. With the wheel off the car, do your bolts go all the way through? How much bolt sticks out?

Your bolts could just be too short for the 164 wheels.

Conversely, if the 164 wheels have very deep socket holes, your bolts could be too long. The bolts will pass through the hub thread until they touch the disk. So the wheel will be loose but it won't turn (as if the brakes are on). You can trim the bolts to the correct length in this case but you won't be able to use them on the original wheels as they'll then be too short.

You'll be able to guess what the problem is by passing the bolts through the bolt holes and seeing how far they protrude out the back of the wheel.

Ralf S.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks very very much for advise, as soon as I know any more (basically once i have sent my husband down to the garage tonight lol) I will check all the various things..... then I will be back lol ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts