Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

My central locking won't work and the immobiliser doesn't come on either.

My key fob L.E.D comes on for about a second then flashes quite a few times, but nothing happens.

I've had a look at the remote unit in the head lining but can't see anything wrong, and when I press the re-set button a green L.E.D lights up for a while then goes out again.

The key fob has a new battery in it.

Can anyone help before the drivers door lock falls apart from over-use :D

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have one key that works, but the other doesnt!

I think i heard of a paperclip trick with these, but cant remember, will have a look at some point tomorrow on other forums.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got so annoyed with the standard alarm i ripped it off and put an aftermarket one on, now try and fail central locking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you are a little bit muddled here. If the immobiliser was not working then the car would not start, but you didn't mention this.?
I'm guessing that the green LED does not light up when youpush the remote button.
This is because the remote and receiver have lost sync with each other, probably by removing batteries for a long time.
You need to get the remote codes for the car, but sadly they are rarely available from previous owner or Alfa. It is possible to get it from the working remote, it takes me about 1/2 hour.
B.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, yes the immobiliser works, but the alarm doesn't arm and the red l.e.d on the column doesn't come on. The green light does come on when I re-set it

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
And how do you get it back in sync TonyH???

Andy, try posting on the 145 forum aswell, that site is alot more dedicated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As said you need the remote code from in the receiver or from the key. (or from original owner, but unlikely)
I can get it from the key easily, PM me if you are interested.
T.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had another think about this problem goes like this:-
The receiver stores the rolling code from remote, it stores the original code position and also the current code position. It updates the current code on every key push.
The remote position code must be within a certain number from the last which the receiver read or the same as the original loaded code.
If the batteries are removed for any length of time the remote should resort to the original code postion and enable the access.
Herein lies the problem, on no account will the receiver work if the stored original code is higher than the remote code.
So I guess what happens is the key is built and the button pushed several times for test purposes or by the garage before its installed.
The key is installed, but it stores the original code + several test pushes into the receiver. So removing the battery to reset code in remote sets the code below the acceptable working number.
The possible way to get round this is to remove rem batteries short around all the pins on uP inside, leave for ages, then reassemble.
try remote for many times until the rolling code catches up with the receiver.
Sorry its an epic.
T.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Interesting. . .i might give this a go with my other key.

But, if both the baterry was removed from the key, and the reciever do dar in the car, they would both re-set to the original, thus bringing them back in to sync?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Erm.....wow ! that's a lot of info and very impressive.

So I should take the battery out of my key, leave it for ages and then put it back in but only press the button when I am in the car ?

Is it possible I could try just using my brown key to re-set anything ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats the theory anyway. Its ok for the key code to be in front of receiver code, but there is a limit to how far, ie if you sit in the pub and press the fob probably 250+ times, then it wont work the receiver.
My idea is that the the receiver is probably in front of the reset key code, so pushing the fob in car will let it catch up,-- my idea anyway. otherwise why would they store the original if there was no use for it?.
Master key cannot help at all with this problem.
I can recover the unlock code from key if you cant get it wotking, though on holiday until May 23rd
T.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tony

I have a 5 digit code written on my service book although I don;t know what to do with it ?

In the meantime will try the sit in the car option

Cheers, have a good hol

Andy

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Had another think about this problem goes like this:-
The receiver stores the rolling code from remote, it stores the original code position and also the current code position. It updates the current code on every key push.
The remote position code must be within a certain number from the last which the receiver read or the same as the original loaded code.
If the batteries are removed for any length of time the remote should resort to the original code postion and enable the access.
Herein lies the problem, on no account will the receiver work if the stored original code is higher than the remote code.
So I guess what happens is the key is built and the button pushed several times for test purposes or by the garage before its installed.
The key is installed, but it stores the original code + several test pushes into the receiver. So removing the battery to reset code in remote sets the code below the acceptable working number.
The possible way to get round this is to remove rem batteries short around all the pins on uP inside, leave for ages, then reassemble.
try remote for many times until the rolling code catches up with the receiver.
Sorry its an epic.
T.
Did anyone try this yet cos my fudging key stopped working today :rant:

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
look at the rear internal light (thats where the receiver is on a 155 is anyway) and there was a reset button, pin sized press this and a green led will flash now press the remote button at this time should re sync them. ok this is a 155 thing, but I am sure the 145 would have a similar setup :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cant really help with your problem :( Hope its solved easy!

After a month of owning my 145 i couldnt for the life of me to get the alarm to arm... had the bonnet open and all sorts! Ended up leaving the car unlocked for the night :( Drove it to work the next day and on route i realised the boot open light was on... lol! I wont be doing that again! :p

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts