Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I'm really confused as to why my GT won't sell? :rolleyes:

There's nowt wrong with her and I've only had the odd few enquire about it.... I really do feel that I've got it very reasonably priced too?!
If I have to keep it on my drive for another year then so be it, but it's only because I've had a promotion at work (company car on it's way) that I'm looking to sell - RELUCTANTLY!

I've spent a small fortune on her and apart from a slight 'tock tock tock' to the passenger door and minor stone chips (age related and hoping CHIPEX will cure this) there is absolutely nothing wrong! She is bomb proof, sound and is not even halfway through a GT's life span (when looked after like my one that is).

Is it the colour? = Metallic Stromboli Grey
The wheels? = Multi 17"

I really can't for the life of think why this hasn't been tapped up yet? :(
£4,995.00 = FDSH, cambelt/waterpump kit renewed, 72k miles, front & rear discs & pads, new handbrake, IOS PLAY Bluetooth kit, new front left suspension anti-roll brace..... List is endless, maintained regardless and her name is 'LOLA!'

She's starting to feel unwanted and I don't know what else I can do to reassure her that 'it's not her!?' :confused::confused:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Which engine is it?
This.

and does it have leather, or reverse sensors? Where are you advertising?

Personally I think you're asking a bit much for that kind of mileage.... (assuming it's a diesel)

but then if you're not in a rush to sell her then you can hold out for the right buyer :)

PS the clicking on the door is probably the check strap: easily fixed (just search door check strap) it's one of those little things that might put someone off..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the 1.9 JTDM and with this bomb proof engine I think the mileage is at the lower (better) end?! :p

·
Registered
449 Posts
I think the answer is easy. No leather. Everybody wants leather and they'll disregard anything without it because there are always other cars out there with it. I'd suggest that you buy a leather interior for £200 on ebay and fit it or get it fitted. Your car will sell no problem. There is a nice tan leather on ebay ATM for £200 that would be a lovely colour combo with your Stromboli grey paintwork.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Since when was the JTD bombproof?
In any case I think people seem to have issues sellnig around that price. There are alot of other GT's Hovering around that price and some users on here are also having trouble shifting.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which engine is it?

The car market does seem a bit slow at the moment, especially for cars that are a bit interesting.
You're not wrong....
I've had loads of people say the same thing, even car dealers etc.... Took mine into local Alfa dealers the other day to get a little glue for sticking my Bertone badge on properly before losing it for good and they couldn't believe the time I've had it up for sale for.....
Selling privately they agreed with everything and with the 12 month piece of mind - you don't get 2nd hand car dealers (most of them) sell with more than 3months warranty?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
You need to look on autotrader at what else can be had for 5k, you can get a lot of car for that now.
...I recently had to sell my 2006 2.4 159 SW for £5100! with 74k miles on it - like you I spent a fortune on it ...not that a 159 is better than your GT of course, however it is a newer model and buyers only see age + mileage + price. (unless you can find a proper alfa fan to buy it)

selling is a god awful experience and my advice to you would be to KEEP IT :D

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since when was the JTD bombproof?
In any case I think people seem to have issues sellnig around that price. There are alot of other GT's Hovering around that price and some users on here are also having trouble shifting.
Yeah I hear ya!

I'm in no rush to sell to be honest and I truly believe that the price indicated is a bloody good one; therefore I refuse to sell for a stupidly low price and if it means keeping it on my front lawn in order to ogle from my front window once in a while then so be it?! :cool:

Gorgeous to look at aren't they?! :thumbs:
There are those GT's out there that haven't had the love, care and attention they deserve and fortunately mine isn't one of them ;)

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
unfortunatly unless you get the footfall to view the car in the first place they will never know that.
Price is always key and coughing up 5K in a private sale usually means people are quite a rare amount of buyers in that bracket.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the answer is easy. No leather. Everybody wants leather and they'll disregard anything without it because there are always other cars out there with it. I'd suggest that you buy a leather interior for £200 on ebay and fit it or get it fitted. Your car will sell no problem. There is a nice tan leather on ebay ATM for £200 that would be a lovely colour combo with your Stromboli grey paintwork.
I hear what you're saying but I would have to disagree...... I test drove loads with the leather and initially I thought it was leather I wanted ..... Then this came up?!
Sat in it, took it out and after lots and lots of deliberating with my ownself I decided the Suede Leather (Alcantra?)

Either way, it doesn't get as hot in the hot sun and it doesn't get as cold in the cold winter months, doesn't tear or mark as easy and because it's a hard cloth interior it cleans up just as nice..... ;)

Not all of them have electric heats......

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
unfortunatly unless you get the footfall to view the car in the first place they will never know that.
Price is always key and coughing up 5K in a private sale usually means people are quite a rare amount of buyers in that bracket.
Definitely the case....
Like me when I bought mine I guess?! I fell in love with them and became an Alfa GT enthusiast over night :thumbs:

·
Registered
415 Posts
It's the 1.9 JTDM and with this bomb proof engine I think the mileage is at the lower (better) end?! :p
I picked up my 06 GT on 50k FSH red leather and park sensors. and I paid £5k

I think you'd have a much better chance if you put a leather interior in. I think you're losing a lot of the potential market.

Or maybe you should just keep it and enjoy it :) Surely your company car won't be anywhere near as pretty or as much fun

·
Registered
660 Posts
Or a nice red one and it would fly off the shelf.:thumbs:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up my 06 GT on 50k FSH red leather and park sensors. and I paid £5k

I think you'd have a much better chance if you put a leather interior in. I think you're losing a lot of the potential market.

Or maybe you should just keep it and enjoy it :) Surely your company car won't be anywhere near as pretty or as much fun
Bluetooth? New cambelt/Waterpump? Front and rear discs AND pads all done?

Probably not and is something you will have to fork out on in the near future no doubt?! :wow:
If it WAS all done then you got yourself a BARGAIN! :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Aye even though leather is a cliche. If I was spending 5K on a car I would want leather. An i wouldnt pay much extra for it either as I'd find out with it.

I bought my 147 without leather seats. An although it was ok I ended up purchasing dome leather for it as it looked better. They also support better.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just checked out the leather interior.... I hear what people are saying, but unless it's immaculate I wouldn't even consider it.... I'm a stickler for things being jus so and his one looks rather tacky?!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Bluetooth? New cambelt/Waterpump? Front and rear discs AND pads all done?

Probably not and is something you will have to fork out on in the near future no doubt?! :wow:
If it WAS all done then you got yourself a BARGAIN! :thumbs:
Belt a pump done at 40k and I put a parrot 9100 unit in for £120. Front pads need doing soon but I'm going to give them a go myself. Disks to look forward to though :)

1 - 20 of 618 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.