Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

there are as many of the new VW ID3s on autotrader as there are Beetles. They’ve been selling for a bit longer than that ID.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Have they been on some sort of large scale trial/marketing exercise through a generous leasing deal which has now ended?

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I had a look at those listed. Many of the ads say 1st year road tax included but I thought if less than £40 000 it was £0. I tried the VED site and that it was so.

·
Registered
2017 Guila 2.0 Tbi Lusso spec, 1972 S2 Spider Junior, wife drives 939 Spider, + Abarth 595
7,044 Posts
I had a look at those listed. Many of the ads say 1st year road tax included but I thought if less than £40 000 it was £0. I tried the VED site and that it was so.
Marketing pitch to catch the uninformed

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
That’s what I thought but for a millisecond I doubted what I knew but I had to check.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
I thought road tax couldn't be transferred across the sale of a previously registered vehicle?

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Is it driving down prices? I quite like them - but not at the prices people are asking. Maybe 400+ unsold will encourage some "sporting bids"....

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I thought road tax couldn't be transferred across the sale of a previously registered vehicle?
I recently had to renew the VED on my motorcycle which is now classed as historic. The VED is £0 but I still had to renew it, which I did online.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
My point, badly expressed, was that I thought that, what ever the actual tax cost was, the taxed period was cancelled by the sale and the vehicle had to be re-taxed immediately unlike previously where any unused tax period carried over.
If so how can a pre used (second hand) vehicle be advertised as with a year's tax.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My point, badly expressed, was that I thought that, what ever the actual tax cost was, the taxed period was cancelled by the sale and the vehicle had to be re-taxed immediately unlike previously where any unused tax period carried over.
If so how can a pre used (second hand) vehicle be advertised as with a year's tax.
I think that they're using it as a marketing ploy as said above. Think along the lines of 'we'll even pay your first year's tax for you before you leave with the car, because we're honest, stand up traders and definitely not in it to make a quick bit of cash'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts