Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
What about all of the people that jump off of Magdalene Bridge into the river Cherwell in Oxford on Mayday. They are not country folk, they are university types. :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And believe me, videos and photos do not
do Cooper's Hill any justice as to how steep
and how pockmarked and uneven the surface
is. :eek:

Magdalene Bridge is closed during May 1st these days isn't it?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
... photos do not
do Cooper's Hill any justice

Absolutely. :wow:

I was shown the hill last year, it's seriously steep... and it doesn't really flatten out at the bottom, it sort of truncates at a house's boundary wall.... :rolleyes:

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but many people still manage to jump. I think the drop is about 20 feet and the water is 2-3ft deep, so no wonder people get back and leg injuries.
Yes amazing, isn't it? :rolleyes:

I'm sure the all the Tim-Nice-But-Dims
have private healthcare, no? ;)

·
Registered
37,142 Posts
What about the Scottish and the Highland games? I can't see a lot of fun running around in a skirt with no underpants in the cold, tossing your caber and cocking your leekie. :rolleyes:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What about the Scottish and the Highland games? I can't see a lot of fun running around in a skirt with no underpants in the cold, tossing your caber and cocking your leekie. :rolleyes:
Oh dear, i can hear claymores being sharpened as we speak ;)

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
I bet it would be more interesting if it was raining. :D
It does sometimes but luckily the years I marshalled it it was glorious sunshine. I did however get to play in the bales of straw with a busty beauty after one of them ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts