Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just amazes me that they wouldnt want to carry on selling the GT? Was it a flop? is it that they will be producing new common chassis soon? Is 6 years along time for a model? suppose so.
Will Gt/147 parts still be available in years to come? :confused:

Oh well just means our cars will be definite classics! And surely its the v6 which will be the future favourite collectors item?

Damien.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
No Alfa's are ever around for long now .. they have to keep bringing out new models to attract attention from buyers and compete with the other brands.

Plus new technology and demands for "greener" motoring means smaller and smaller engines ...

:cry:

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
You'll get over it. Car manufacturers develop new and improved vehicles all the time. Just cause you may not see it that way doesn't mean it's not progress. It's part of life.

·
Registered
19,680 Posts
Beautiful as it is it is now thoroughly outclassed by the opposition in the dynamics/build quality/servicing/Eu regs/crash safety (add any others you like) department. Sales were slowing to a trickle - they even struggled to sell the run-out models. It did a very fine job but, sadly, it was overdue its time to come off the market.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair enough, your all right!! the 147 was long in the tooth and the Gt was based round that and the 156!! Be nice of alfa to make a new coupe!! with great chassis/ suspension and modern underpinnings!!

Suppose every pretty alfa has its day! everyone is a classic!

WTFH your giullietta looks really nice!!
Damien.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Thanks.
I hope they bring out a coupe - and given the chassis they developed for the Giulietta, I'd be happy if it were based on that!

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diseasel (2011)
26,164 Posts
Thanks.
I hope they bring out a coupe - and given the chassis they developed for the Giulietta, I'd be happy if it were based on that!
I'll have one :thumbs:
And if it's not available when it's time to change yet, I'll happily settle for a Giulietta cloverleaf :D

·
Registered
38,441 Posts
What Alfa need is a new small coupe.

The Brera is a too big, especially as it doesn't have very big rear seats.

Something a bit smaller than a GTV would be nice, and weighing under 1200Kg

N

·
0 Posts
Just amazes me that they wouldnt want to carry on selling the GT?
It doesn't meet current emissions regs.

The engines are no longer in production.

It doesn't meet current safety regs.

It's 7 years old and never sold that many.
(Admittedly more than the Brera.)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
And despite it's beauty, it really is starting to look a bit dated compared to current generation cars. Alfa were right to discontinue it.

I don't believe it will be a future classic to be fair.

Shame there was no follow up. The Brera is a different beast.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
It's a good car for sure & we love ours but in 90% of time, our Brera outclasses it.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OOOOOhhhh not a future classic!! i pooh pooh that remark sir!!

LoL. :lol:

Hmm Brera "cough cough" the italian open top sierra!!

Just get my coat............................................................

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
A 3.2GT will be a classic but not any of the smokers, sorry.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
God forgive me...but i could never warm to it.....and forgive me again....the Guilietta doesn't excite me either !!:eek:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I absolutely adore the GT, but it was a bit long in the tooth before it even came out. The fact that it was the best car they sold until the mito and the g speaks volumes to me.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts