Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... Gordon Brown see the huge gulf between 'we're spending more than ever before' and
'you're simply not spending enough'? The former just does not satisfy the latter Gordon.

I hope Scotland is really proud of you cos Britain isn't :mad:

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
Because he is an idiot with his head stuck in the sand. It is a statement that makes it sound like he is doing enough when obviously he isn't.

The same logic applies to all of his principals.

He won't admit to nessesary spending cuts.

I am afraid he will have to make cuts, otherwise we will not get out of the debt he has got us into by overspending. So why not just admit to it and stop treating the public as if they are stupid.

·
Registered
37,151 Posts
And now he also realises that we are in a war we cannot afford (and most people don't want)

He has left himself few options when it comes to providing extra funding for helicopters, and other equipment.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Gordon Brown is a penis :bat:

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
... Gordon Brown see the huge gulf between 'we're spending more than ever before' and
'you're simply not spending enough'?
Because he is a man of extremes. His background is "prudence" - indeed he built a career on it.
"Prudence" didn't work. At which point a normal person would slightly modify it and lean towards an alternative. Rather than do that he did what all true believers do when things go wrong - go for the opposite - spend - after all, if what you did didn't work then the extreme opposite must be true.

S

·
0 Posts

I hope Scotland is really proud of you cos Britain isn't :mad:
Well don't blame us - we sent him off for you to sort out. Can't blame us if you ain't up to the task.

We have our own political numpties to deal with. And with the new anti-terror legislation that's no the simple task it once was, let me tell you. :rant:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Bit unfair on us Scots - we're not all the same or particularly care for him. That said I don't actually care for any of our politicians of any stripes. I don't actually see any of them behaving any differently, no matter what party. Would just give us someone else to insult.

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
"We've never had it so good!" Time after time, after time, again and again. And now we are suffering! Are we really? :confused:Go twang those bits of plastic some more and we will soon be all smiles once again?:D

D

·
0 Posts
Personally I think the world is well and truly f**ked, :lol:

It's gonna take years for Britain to get out of this mess, and at the moment I can't see an end in sight.

House prices are on the up again they say? And more people are buying houses again they say? Great, doesn't change the fact they cost £150,000+ for a 2 bed semi. (That's if you are lucky!) That's alot of moolah for some old bricks and cement.

J

·
0 Posts
how long before this all falls around our ears in a monumental fashion??

Currently i get the feeling that the current 'upturn' is hyped up and at some point in the near future things are going to crash again and it will be tears again....but this time there will be no money to help bail out anyone.....

I'm truely scared that we are watching car crash TV....however we will be part of the car crash

·
Registered
854 Posts
how long before this all falls around our ears in a monumental fashion??
What we need is a war or a pandemic, historically that was always the way to reduce the headcount , get people employed making weapons and medicines. Hold on a minute we've already got those !! :cheese:

Poor old Gordon, he inherited this all from the grinning front man Blair and his Picaso faced wife.

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Brown didn't inherit this. He was the architect as chancellor. Blair was clever enough to realise and got out, leaving Brown to hang himself out to dry.

Brown is quite simply incompetent. He takes no action on anything and takes sitting on the fence to the heights of unbelievability. He is a man well and truly out of his depth.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Brown didn't inherit this. He was the architect as chancellor. Blair was clever enough to realise and got out, leaving Brown to hang himself out to dry.

Brown is quite simply incompetent. He takes no action on anything and takes sitting on the fence to the heights of unbelievability. He is a man well and truly out of his depth.
Im not for one minute saying Brown was not instrumental in this, I'm simply stating that he is the "Fall guy" , in the age old English tradition of using the Scots as cannon fodder :cheese: . True enough Blair saw the writing on the wall and jumped ,but it would be unfair of us to let Blair and the gargoyle escape scot free (no pun intended) :)

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
I don't disagree greatly and Blair should take some blame but most of it should lie with the "fiscal expert".

·
Registered
19,792 Posts
Exactly.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts