Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a regular at general classic car shows with our Daimler but in 10 years I could count the Alfas I've seen at shows on my hands. Why are there never any classic Alfas?
Yesterday we went to Catton Hall Classic and Transport show and because we booked a club stand for our Post War Classics Forum we were able to take our modern Alfas. The 3 GTVs were the only Alfas on the field and attracted lots of attention. It added to a great day out. Here's a couple pics of the line up.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/keithn_photo/GTVsCatton.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z43/keithn_photo/CattonHall2008007.jpg

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've got my Spider entered into three shows so far this year - it would be more but for some we have to take the caravan and so I have to drive the Toledo instead. If Mr PG takes the Toledo, I take the Spider :cool:

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Very smart set of machines you have AF.:): The Daimler is the Double 6 I guess? I think you may of said it was in the past, but I'm not absolutely sure?:):

·
Registered
908 Posts
I went to a classic car show in Swansea today and again there was no Alfa representation! Mind you the only italian cars on display were an old bugatti and a lancia montecarlo. Must have been 300 cars on display so very dissapointed about the lack of alfas!

·
Registered
631 Posts
I noted this as well, went to the Old Warden show on Sunday in the Barracuda and there was only 2 'Classic' Alfas in show and in the public parking a 75 and 155 parked next to each other. May well have been because people went to Brooklands and decided 1 a weekend was enough.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I went to a classic car show in Swansea today and again there was no Alfa representation! Mind you the only italian cars on display were an old bugatti and a lancia montecarlo. Must have been 300 cars on display so very dissapointed about the lack of alfas!
I always thought that the original Bugattis were made in France, somewhere up near Strasbourg?:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts