Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a fast dual carriage way tonight, i moved into the right lane in anticipation of the roundabout ahead, and my third exit.

A Saab estate rocketed up behind me from nowhere; not content to stay aggressively stuck to my bumper, it edged closer and closer; it was so close, i could not see its headlights anymore.

Bored of this nonsense, i indicated left, and darted into that lane to let him pass. The Saab driver gleefully and rapidly shot ahead to then tailgate the car that was ahead of mine. But his glee was pretty short lived, because a split second after clearing me, he realised he'd accelerated right up behind the rump of a police traffic patrol car.

As the Saab panic braked, I took back my space in the lane i needed.

Why tailgate like a goon? Twonk.

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
There are times when life is good:lol:

Tho I confess when I read your first line I thought "oh God, I hope its not one of those twonks who move into the outside lane 2 miles before the junction they want....'cos they really p155 me off" :cheese:

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
don't you just hate tailgaters!! :mad:

When i had me V6, i use to quickly accelerate when entering a new speed limit just to kinda tell them I'm quicker then them :D, at other times I either touch the brake, or put my rear fog lights on. If you haven't already guessed, its a huge pet hate of mine!! :lol:

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
The rear fog light trick is brilliant on the GTV :D

Two fog lights on the back light strip look just like brake lights :cheese:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
What about a couple of really bright strobe lights in the back window?

Wait for them to get really close then unleash a seizure-inducing dazzle show.

Or is that just evil?

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
What about a couple of really bright strobe lights in the back window?

Wait for them to get really close then unleash a seizure-inducing dazzle show.

Or is that just evil?
I'm assuming this was irony and that you wouldn't want to be responsible for someone else crashing? :tut:

Don't some Vauxh*lls automatically flicker on and off if the driver brakes hard?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts