·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything starts to fall apart

Husband gets made redundant 1 week before our wedding
Boiler is playing up
as is the washing machine
We get home from honeymoon to find our best mate has split from his wife, messy situation 3 young kids who I adore and hate to see them upset.

Is there anything else that he up there feels like throwing at us waaaaahhhhhh.

I wish I could say I feel better after that, but nope I don't!

·
Banned
467 Posts
Yep. Don't get married. It's HIGHLY overrated. Especially with all that other s**t going on. You reckon he can be the 'devoted husband' that you all crave with all that happening?? DREAM ON.

V

·
0 Posts
at least your car is ok

seriously though be positive, dont let it get you down as it makes it ten times worse. it may be hard when it seems everything is against you, good luck to future mr wet knickers in getting back to work asap :)

V

·
0 Posts
Yep. Don't get married. It's HIGHLY overrated. Especially with all that other s**t going on. You reckon he can be the 'devoted husband' that you all crave with all that happening?? DREAM ON.
dude whats up with you? chill out. with posts like that its no wander they are getting deleted.
wet knickers has got enough to worry about without comments like that

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Everything starts to fall apart

Husband gets made redundant 1 week before our wedding
Boiler is playing up
as is the washing machine
We get home from honeymoon to find our best mate has split from his wife, messy situation 3 young kids who I adore and hate to see them upset.

Is there anything else that he up there feels like throwing at us waaaaahhhhhh.

I wish I could say I feel better after that, but nope I don't!
First of all, bad luck, because you have had a lot of it together, and nobody deserves that, just before the wedding.
But, it sounds just like mine (except the redundancy happened 1 month after the wedding) - the boiler, washing machine, fridge and RATS!
However, 17 years later, and we are still hanging in there.
You have to look after yourselves at the moment, and let your friends sort themselves out, because you interfering could get even more complicated - taking sides, never a good idea.
So, chin up and concentrate on the things which you can fix.
Good luck.:thumbs:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all, bad luck, because you have had a lot of it together, and nobody deserves that, just before the wedding.
But, it sounds just like mine (except the redundancy happened 1 month after the wedding) - the boiler, washing machine, fridge and RATS!
However, 17 years later, and we are still hanging in there.
You have to look after yourselves at the moment, and let your friends sort themselves out, because you interfering could get even more complicated - taking sides, never a good idea.
So, chin up and concentrate on the things which you can fix.
Good luck.:thumbs:
I hope so, hubby applied for two jobs today so finger's crossed. My cat is amazing at catching rats and letting them go ALIVE in the house bless her. It's annoying that when you've got money, everything's great and doesn't go wrong but as soon as you haven't.....

Ahh well tomorrow's another day and maybe he'll get a new job and the washing machine and boiler fix themselves over night!

P

·
0 Posts
As a door closes...

I am a great believer in what's for you won't go past you. There is a silver lining - stay positive :)

·
Registered
24,513 Posts
Have faith in each other and it will work out.

Don't let other people's problems on to your shoulders - it makes your own concerns seem worse and you can do without it right now. As Andy said, let them sort it out themselves - just remain friends.

Tiny feel better tip:
Try listing 10 great things about your life that you can be grateful and happy about. It's a good antidote when the issues the washing machine seem more serious than they are - in the bigger picture, I mean- I know it's a pain paying for the repairs when money is tight.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts