Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..................well in a 75, not a jet plane.

I didn't get a chance to reply on Alfabays thread, so I have decided to start my own thread, prob still get deleted, but hey hoh thats seems to be the way around here.

Originally Posted by OperationAlfa
Because certain people have personal gripes with Alfaowner. People get upset over something or other. They then try to boycott this site by starting their own and try to convince other members to leave due to "their" personal issues. ( not the case for the 155 forum... (i dont actually know why thats censored))

Let me tell you all my 'personal gripe'

Certain members of this forum have said they "hate" me and my family. Now I think thats pretty strong, and have complained, which I guess a lot of you would also have done eh?
My RSVP's to Reg. meets have been deleted, which I also complained about. Damn it i'm a member surely I can say that I won't be attending a meet and give a reason why.
My husband has started a website dedicated to the 75, and pm'd a few people with 75's to say hey come have a look see, shortly after the web address to the site was put on the AO filter and comes up as *******
The site has 40 members, come on is that really a threat???

I didn't want this to happen, I've bitten my tounge for a long long time. I've tried ignoring and turning the other cheek but to be honest why should I? I will just delete my account and go where i'm wanted.

Happy posting people, but watch your back!

Regards
Victoria Doust

Viva La Revoltion! Vive La 75!

·
Banned
7,679 Posts
:(

Perhaps take a sabatical mrs v - and come back on happier times....take good care of the pup and wish you well.....:)

(someone that doesn't hate the pair of you)

·
Registered
54,872 Posts
..................well in a 75, not a jet plane.

I didn't get a chance to reply on Alfabays thread, so I have decided to start my own thread, prob still get deleted, but hey hoh thats seems to be the way around here.

Originally Posted by OperationAlfa
Because certain people have personal gripes with Alfaowner. People get upset over something or other. They then try to boycott this site by starting their own and try to convince other members to leave due to "their" personal issues. ( not the case for the 155 forum... (i dont actually know why thats censored))

Let me tell you all my 'personal gripe'

Certain members of this forum have said they "hate" me and my family. Now I think thats pretty strong, and have complained, which I guess a lot of you would also have done eh?
My RSVP's to Reg. meets have been deleted, which I also complained about. Damn it i'm a member surely I can say that I won't be attending a meet and give a reason why.
My husband has started a website dedicated to the 75, and pm'd a few people with 75's to say hey come have a look see, shortly after the web address to the site was put on the AO filter and comes up as *******
The site has 40 members, come on is that really a threat???

I didn't want this to happen, I've bitten my tounge for a long long time. I've tried ignoring and turning the other cheek but to be honest why should I? I will just delete my account and go where i'm wanted.

Happy posting people, but watch your back!

Regards
Victoria Doust

Viva La Revoltion! Vive La 75!
Oh dear :(

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
:eek: :eek: I must admit I've only ever seen a positive side of this forum ... I didn't realise that there was all this going on in the background??? Sorry to hear about your troubles, and good luck with your new venture

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vicky - I am really, really sorry to hear that you are leaving. I was sorry when Van thought he should too, and glad when he returned.

I can totally understand your reasons for leaving. I am appalled to hear that there are members of this forum that have told you and your family that you are hated :( That is terrible.

Perhaps this is the time for things to be sorted out once and for all; for the asterixing of sites to be stopped and maybe then we can exist in greater harmony with other sites.

This is my opinion anyway.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Good luck Mrs Van :thumbs:

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Oooh! Mrs V, don't go, your posts are always nice, and I really was looking forward to seeing that completed Tat'.: Stay with us,sticks an' stones an' all that. Together we stand.:):

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm the same as 156chris - have only ever seen a good side, thought this was the only place where bad sides didn't exist!

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
I am sad to hear this Mrs V - I know you mentioned to me in the past about these issues and what some members were like towards you :(
I thought that had all been sorted now, and am very sorry to hear that its just the same.
I wish you the best of luck with whatever you end up doing but also hope that maybe you will (in time) reconsider :)
:thumbs:

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I'm totally shocked about this! Was totally oblivious to all of this and never come accross any animosity really, apart from few who in other threads that get slightly heated. They get repremanded or a ban and all is good. I am dissapointed that this is the case for you and you shouldnt have to put up with this behaviour.

Best of luck:D

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Any comment from the admin as to why mentions of other sites are filtered out then?

Must say I wasn't aware of any of this and it all seems rather petty.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
embrace the "sister" sites imo

or are alfas too special for that

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dark underbelly of Alfaowner....der der deeeerrrrrr

Hate is a very strong word!! What's that all about!!!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I was always taught not to air one's dirty washing in public:tut:

Anyway, nice exit:eek:

Good luck with the future:thumbs:

I mean this sincerely as I have no gripe whatsoever against you or your family:)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I'm also surprised with the whole "hate" thing.

I met you both at the AONW Christmas dinner and I thought you were both great company who were so enthusiastic to drive all taht way from the NE.

IMHO the Alfabay thread should have been left to run its course but it's always a call for the mod on patrol and they have to exercise discretion. That's what they are there for.

The issue of poaching (for want of a better word) is difficult. There has been much made of the few members, not really competition etc but does that make it less wrong or more ethical? Especially if there is some history of animosity - regardless of who was wronged. If indeed anyone was wronged. I have no idea.

I think the other thread was being argued on some weak case about censorship and stifling competition whereas AO/Mods see it as advertising or poaching. Freedom of speech and Freedom to advertsie aren't quite the same thing.

Whatever, if you are going, I'm sorry and best wishes to you and Van. Good luck with the new enterprise.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How sad is all this.I'm sure the vast majority of us don't even realise such things are going on. I find the "hate" thing very disturbing,I hope it wasn't meant in the true sense of the word.
Sorry to see that it came down to you leaving. Like others I've always enjoyed your posts and threads.Best of luck for the future.:)

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
I'm disgusted that anyone would say such a thing to be honest, about you, or your family. :(

The alfabay thread was only closed after Alfabay said his goodbyes and concluded that he would not be returning. That thread, similar to this, had acheived it's goal.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I thought this was one big Alfa hippy commune forum. I grew my hair and everything!

1 - 20 of 89 Posts