Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a policy with Adrian Flux for a few months now, and I was a little iffy about the premium I was paying on a previous vehicle but as it was a special policy I wasn't too fussed. Paid a deposit and a few months premiums and have now finished the Alfa so have gone to swap the vehicle over.

After 1 and a half hours on the phone I get informed that my change to the car will be an extra £300 for 8 months, which would bring the total premium to around £750. Swiftcover offered more cover for almost £300 less, and I can name at least 30 other insurers which can beat that.

Anyway, so I decided that it would be better to cancel the policy than pay £300 more, but yet I have been informed that to cancel the policy it will cost me roughly £134. A months premium has been taken (which I wouldnt be able to use anyway) so that still leaves £94, just for the pleasure of cancelling. Apparently it is in the small print.

I've deal with a lot of insurance companys in the last 7 years and at the end of this episode I can honestly say I've never experience such a poor service before. I feel like I'm meant too be backed into a corner with the cancellation fees but I'm not falling for it.

A valuable warning for those who are considering the service.

·
AO Traders
592 Posts
I've had a policy with Adrian Flux for a few months now, and I was a little iffy about the premium I was paying on a previous vehicle but as it was a special policy I wasn't too fussed. Paid a deposit and a few months premiums and have now finished the Alfa so have gone to swap the vehicle over.

After 1 and a half hours on the phone I get informed that my change to the car will be an extra £300 for 8 months, which would bring the total premium to around £750. Swiftcover offered more cover for almost £300 less, and I can name at least 30 other insurers which can beat that.

Anyway, so I decided that it would be better to cancel the policy than pay £300 more, but yet I have been informed that to cancel the policy it will cost me roughly £134. A months premium has been taken (which I wouldnt be able to use anyway) so that still leaves £94, just for the pleasure of cancelling. Apparently it is in the small print.

I've deal with a lot of insurance companys in the last 7 years and at the end of this episode I can honestly say I've never experience such a poor service before. I feel like I'm meant too be backed into a corner with the cancellation fees but I'm not falling for it.

A valuable warning for those who are considering the service.
Hiya,

Please feel free to PM me your surname, postcode, contact telephone number and the best time to call you and I will have a look into this for you.

Thanks
Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts