Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt resist it. A 98 Spider 3.0 came my way and I just had to do it. The lovely 3.0 engine, the unique wedge shape plus all the unique things that make these cars so special. The car has about 70kkm.

My last Italian car was am old 80's Maserati Quatroporte that was also a bargain to buy but gave me so much heart (and wallet) ache that I swore I would never buy an Italian car again. Ever. But that was 15 years ago. Late last year, I came across a mint SZ but was unable to get it, but that process rekindled my interest in Alfas.

Also, with age comes a softening of the rigid promises one makes when younger, so when came the spider, and I am a sucker for a bargain, I just got it.

I am still assessing the folly of this temporary return to youthful exhuberance and the left side (or is it right side?) of my brain is making a list of things that need doing, though from appearance the car appears to run OK and most bits work so far, so the list of items are mostly cosmetic.

I know I will need a new rear window, so I am researching the options for that. I'm also going to need some new badges here and there, and maybe do a renovo of the cloth top and a clean up of the leather interior.

I hope to post images shortly, but just wanted to say "HI"!

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and Welcome !! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.