Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my GTA up for sale and as such I have been trying to detach myself from it! But its like a drug,a habit you can't kick.I look for reasons why other cars are better and reasons why the GTA should go and apart from my greedy ex wife and petrol i can't think of any!There is not a better feeling getting into the leather seats and turning that key!IMHO there is no better looking car on the road and the thoughts of driving a' normal car'worry me!.I think another twelve months of being skint,angry ex wife, GTA driving and smiling like a lunatic is on the cards!

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I know what you mean - I bought my GTA as a "stop gap cheap car"!? as I had to sell my Brera to help in house move. Now after over a year of ownership (fairly long for me) I still find no great desire to get rid! - Yes, I continue to trawl Auto Trader and Pistonheads but have still not really found something that would be such a good all rounder!

It is a family saloon that can make you smile whenever the mood takes you :thumbs: Possibly only bettered by the SW - My longest owned car was a 156 1.8 SP3 SW which I bought at a year old and ran for 4 trouble free years :)

G

·
No car other than the GTA has tugged at my heart strings so much apart from my faithful old 205 1.6 GTI.....................................TRUE driver's cars are VERY few and far between:)

G

·
you never had a 1.9 205 gti from the sounds of it!!! :lol:
I opted for the 1.6 because it just felt better to drive...........sure, the 1.9 was faster, but the 1.6 was far smoother...............it may have just been down to the particular cars that I tried.

My 306 GTI 6 was a wonderous car.....I miss her too:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Forgot how good mine was until the last few days, getting to drive it again, as opposed to just moving it from A to B has put the smile back on my dial!

G

·
Forgot how good mine was until the last few days, getting to drive it again, as opposed to just moving it from A to B has put the smile back on my dial!
Mine is now very much a dry day runner(apart from today when I serviced her at work and then it rained:mad:), and I've covered only 50 miles in the last six months.................but on the few ocassions that I do sit in, turn the key, blip the throttle.......:D:D:D

·
Registered
801 Posts
Because they rock. I washed mine today and, damn, what a good looking car.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know what you guys are talking about! I've had two gtas and currently on the look out for my third... Ah gti6, another car I've owned. Sounded great, power delivery up the top which I loved.. Just got rid of an e60 m5 for the simple reason it cost too much to run but main reason had more fun in the gtas... Crazy a!

G

·
I know what you guys are talking about! I've had two gtas and currently on the look out for my third... Ah gti6, another car I've owned. Sounded great, power delivery up the top which I loved.. Just got rid of an e60 m5 for the simple reason it cost too much to run but main reason had more fun in the gtas... Crazy a!
The GTI 6 was indeed a fine car:thumbs:

After her, I bought a 406 Coupe V6......I'd happily own one of those again too:thumbs:

I've never really been a big fan of Beemers, but I appreciate what they do:D

·
Registered
379 Posts
I've always liked m5's, they're insanely fast especially at 100(autobahns). The reason why I got rid of it tho was because in the end i started begrudging putting fuel in it. It started out weighing the fun of driving it... At the end of the day if it's cool I'll have it although Im always left looking at alfas on the net..

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Because they rock. I washed mine today and, damn, what a good looking car.
snap

I have actually been using it daily for the past few weeks, which is great but I need to get a drive planned for next weekend the daily commute on dual carriageway can get dull.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I have actually been using it daily for the past few weeks, which is great but I need to get a drive planned for next weekend the daily commute on dual carriageway can get dull.
I run my GTA most days, leave it tucked up in the garage on odd days.

I will use our VW Touran for some trips to save the GTA, but these trips are nowhere near as much fun! I have never had a dull run in the GTA - It is always a joy :) Even sitting in traffic I enjoy looking round the cabin and playing with the computer display :thumbs:

·
Registered
646 Posts
love mine too, was on the dual carriageway today going past the usual bilge, when in my rear view mirror saw a yellow lambo merchilargo (or however you spell it!?), so i moved over to let him past. It sounded amazing! But then mine didnt sound too bad either, took a vid of it on my phone, when he floored it i floored it in 4th, and although he left me behind a bit, i was still not too far behind! I ended up going past my exit just because i was having so much fun!
I use mine everyday, but i do under 100 miles a week, so keeps the miles down.

·
Vendor
46,725 Posts
I miss my GTA, but strangely I miss my old R-reg 3 litre 156 more :confused:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Plate glass windows after a polish are my worst problem,followed by tunnels and a audience when you accelerat!sad but fun!i had a 155 with sport pack for five years till it got stuck in a river,if the bloke i sold it too is on here am sorry! Had another gta before this but never felt right with it. . This one feels part of family lol as do the staff at the local Morrisons petrol station!. . Am now like kiwi alfa and having second thoughts about selling. . What other car for that money could make you feel the way you do?!-

·
Vendor
46,725 Posts

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I miss mine, and its only been gone a week!
I did not even realise you had sold! But then you have been on the verge of doing so for a while.

How long did you own your GTA? I take it you sold it for more than you paid ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts