Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think im being thick here but i dont seem to have a areial on my car!! obviously it has one cos i get perfect reception but there physicly isnt one!! ive seen other 156's which all have them yet mine doesnt :confused:

help me out here its doing my nut in lol

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
hahahahahahahahaha
It is on the back window the bottom two bars on the heated window are your aerial.
Brilliant.

And for the record your better off with it in the window.
The facelift interior cars have it on the roof untill you forget its there when going through a car wash like i did.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
when you demist the window you will see that 2 bars dont demist.
They are the antenna.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ive never thought to look there haha

im going to pop out and look now!! i thought i had a special car then :(
Your 2.5 V6 is a special car my friend.......... Aerial in the window on the roof or wherever........

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your 2.5 V6 is a special car my friend.......... Aerial in the window on the roof or wherever........

Cheers to All
Peter
and yes your right she is pretty special :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Mate it is defo there. i cant remember if there top or bottom (pretty sure bottom though).
they look no different to the demister bars so hard to spot.
if your car is pre 02 reg then its in the window if your car is 02+ with the facelift interior then it is on the roof.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol ok ten ill take your word for it....or get a group of friends in my car to steam the windows up :lol:

just one of them things that begun to annoy me, glad its resolved now though :D

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
and for the record alfa had so many complaints about poor reception on the 156 with window mounted aerial that they decided to put an equaly poor antenna on the roof. DOH
So not only do newer model 156 owners have to contend with bad reception but we also have to remember to remove the c r a py thing before the brushes start spinning in the car wash and not remember that we have a useless roof mounted aerial just as it flys accross the bonnet like what happened to me.
And for the record my reception is no worse for not having an aerial.
So thank you alfa for defacing a perfectly nice looking car with that coat hanger stuck on the roof.
Rant over.
I feel better for that.

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
It is definitely the bottom two bars on the rear screen.... I spent a year thinking the elements were damaged until it was pointed out to me :lol:

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
Mate it is defo there. i cant remember if there top or bottom (pretty sure bottom though).
they look no different to the demister bars so hard to spot.
if your car is pre 02 reg then its in the window if your car is 02+ with the facelift interior then it is on the roof.
Top bars ... on '98 model at least. Can't see anything different on later ones. The powered aerial amplifier is behind the o/s panel behind the rear door. Good place to start if reception is really poor. AM is always poor ....

·
Registered
9,179 Posts
the roof aeerial may have been for the built-in phone as part of the original radio ...

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
So not only do newer model 156 owners have to contend with bad reception but we also have to remember to remove the c r a py thing before the brushes start spinning in the car wash and not remember that we have a useless roof mounted aerial just as it flys accross the bonnet like what happened to me.

Shame on you, Not Alfa. Your bella deserves to be hand washed, never use a brush car wash! :tut:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shame on you, Not Alfa. Your bella deserves to be hand washed, never use a brush car wash! :tut:
ill back you there :) never would i put mine through a car wash!! im sur they are ok but still one of the things i wouldnt do

1 - 20 of 22 Posts