• Other

Votes: 15 57.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been suggested that there are three reasons why people drink alcohol:

Sedation the sedative affects of alcohol allows a temporary escape from an aversive situation.

Debilitation the debilitating effects of alcohol allows a person to avoid participating in a situation they find unpleasant.

Intoxication the intoxicating effects of alcohol is an excuse to allow a person to engage in otherwise inappropriate behaviour (e.g., flirtation, aggression etc).

Which reason(s) do you drink for? Note: multiple choices allowed

N

·
0 Posts
Intoxication. But only with :cool: people.

'cause "Let's plaster of a fake smile and plough
through this **** one last time" is a phrase that
no longer works for me.

:)

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Coz I love sharing a bottle of red, with my girl, on the sofa in front of friday night TV after a week apart..
:)

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Intoxication....*hic*

;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Other. Outside my home I drink (one or two drinks) because i like the taste of it. In the safety of my home i usually get drunk to celebrate a personal victory.

I believe that Sedation and Debilitation via alcohol abuse do not work. You do not escape the unpleasant situation, the more drunk you get the more unpleasant it gets and the more you think about it.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I don't drink cos it tastes foul and I have better things to spend my money on like saving up for a new Spider or a V6 GT.

:p

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Other,

I like a good glass or two of red, the odd pint of real ale, and a good whisky... not all together - tend not to get mullered or even slightly drunk these days - used to heavily overdo it in my late teens early 20's..

Now, I only drink a drink because I like the taste, and the social side of things of course - with Mrs Simes and friends...

Simes.

W

·
0 Posts
Social for me, relaxing at home etc....don't like getting hammered, I've found my tolerance levels decrease in direct proportion to advancing years :rolleyes:

Takes me two days to recover from getting slaughtered...never really my scene anyway :D

wrinx

D

·
0 Posts
Social for me, relaxing at home etc....don't like getting hammered, I've found my tolerance levels decrease in direct proportion to advancing years :rolleyes:

Takes me two days to recover from getting slaughtered...never really my scene anyway :D

wrinx
Yeh me too, i was always a lightweight though :lol:

·
Administrator
60,442 Posts
I'm a lightweight too, didn't drink anything much till I started working 13 years ago out side the home.
Red wine and light tasting beer.

Social drinker, not too many or I go to sleep:D

E

·
0 Posts
I pretty much don't drink now. I found myself thinking it was quite sad that some people found it necessary to get a couple of cans of Stella to have on the train journey home. Then found the urge myself after a bad week, and instead thought b******s to this and just stopped drinking altogether. Had a couple at Christmas and at a meal the other week but that is about it for just over six months.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like to drink wine ... just enjoying the taste.
It is why I go to France pretty much every year and enjoy the "wine - festivals " there ... well, just 1 to be honest.

On the ther hand, I don't drink and drive though, certainly not when I carry around guests... and I'm pretty strickt to that ...

I don't think I would ever touch a car again if I would be responsible for injuring or the death of someone I carried around ... and I love driving too much to risk all that ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts